PPD - Who we are....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
so i was trying to snorkel today when these damn floppy things kept getting in the way....

Yap03404MV.jpg
i don't like you... i really really really don't like you....

Jag

aherm, i am really new to diving. even juvenile batfish makes my day already.

is it necessary for me to choose fish identification as one of the 5 adventure dives in my AOW? i mean, considering how i suck at identifying marine life. or can i just do self study on them and take drift dive instead of it?

rhadamantus:
is it necessary for me to choose fish identification as one of the 5 adventure dives in my AOW? i mean, considering how i suck at identifying marine life. or can i just do self study on them and take drift dive instead of it?

skip that and instead get a good book on marine life in the philippines. in my opinion the courses that are worth taking for AOW are
deep dive and underwater navigator (these are required anyway)
search and recovery
EANx
drift
night dive

yup, on top of the required dives, il take night dive, drift dive... the diveshop said i should take wreck diving. although, i would prefer search and recovery.

hmmmn.... dilemma...dilemma.

rhadamantus:
yup, on top of the required dives, il take night dive, drift dive... the diveshop said i should take wreck diving. although, i would prefer search and recovery.

hmmmn.... dilemma...dilemma.
take it with a Manila based dive instructor and in Anilao....the course will be cheaper.

hey kuya caloi, i actually got it cheaper at big apple. they will charge me US$200 for the entire AOW thing. all inclusive, materials and everything. i also got quite a discount for my OW course with them.

thats a good deal, right?

Back
Top Bottom