Ppd Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's OK...Jonix sent me a reasonable description by PM and I've already passed it on.

Kim:
Could someone please give me a brief description of what the Dive-O Ramas are exactly? NetDoc wants it so he can make a new sub-forum.

its basically an organized, scheduled event wherein PPD'ers can meet, talk and dive at a pre-determinded site or resort

Dive-O-Rama (DOR) :

a gathering of people of different races who happen to be in the Philippines, meeting by chance and by force (at times) in a cyberspace called ScubaBoard Forums > Regional Travel > Asia > Philippine Paradise Divers

the gathering is set on a regular basis , that is whenever a member of PPd shows up at a dive resort as long as they have the DOR BAnner

there are also gatherings of this particular group topside either to coerce another member to purchase a dive gear or to pay for meals. either case they also watch movies together much like adolescents do just learning of their new found independece from home

members comes from diverse socio-economic background converging by the pull of the seas calling to enjoy and explore the WARM WATERS of the Philippine SEAS .

DORs are made by reason of wanting to have an excuse to go diving with a bunch of a wide range of certification giving the DOR organizer a Headache ...

A DOR is not good for DM as the DM fees are Waived.

what else... um all i said would be true .

paolov:
Dive-O-Rama (DOR) :

a gathering of people of different backgrounds who happen to be in the Philippines, meeting by chance and by force (at times) in a cyberspace called ScubaBoard Forums > Regional Travel > Asia > Philippine Paradise Divers

the gathering is set on a regular basis , that is whenever a member of PPD shows up at a dive resort as long as they have the DOR Banner.

there are also gatherings of this particular group topside either to coerce another member to purchase a dive gear or to pay for meals. Either case, they also watch movies together much like adolescents do just learning of their new found independence from home.

members comes from diverse socio-economic background converging by the pull of the seas calling to enjoy and explore the WARM WATERS of the Philippine SEAS .

DORs are made by reason of wanting to have an excuse to go diving with a bunch of a wide range of certification giving the DOR organizer a Headache ...

A DOR is not good for DM as the DM fees are Waived.

what else... um all i said would be true .

I'm browsing through the "let's get to know the PPDers..." Let's keep it the way it is.

Let's begin a new thread: "PPD profiles" and just copy our profiles into it. This will be stickied and locked and everytime a new profile is filled in the "let's get to know the PPDers..." we'll ask a mod to add it in.

Agreed?

well i like the way your idea goes..... very tedious process

so i say YES to this

chip104:
I'm browsing through the "let's get to know the PPDers..." Let's keep it the way it is.

Let's begin a new thread: "PPD profiles" and just copy our profiles into it. This will be stickied and locked and everytime a new profile is filled in the "let's get to know the PPDers..." we'll ask a mod to add it in.

Agreed?

I'm on page 30...40+ to go! :)

right now I'm waiting for my advisor. She's giving a tour of the labs to visiting researchers. So I've got time to spare.

I like this thread. Any maintenance we want done, we just post here. Finally getting things done! :)

EDIT:

Kompleto!

These are all PPD profiles:
1 - 13, 17, 21, 22, 26, 71, 75, 78, 80, 90, 93, 101, 113, 151, 155, 167, 186, 191, 205, 229, 242, 245, 302, 357, 364, 390, 404, 405.

Kim, is it possible to copy (not cut & paste) these posts into a new thread called "Philippine Paradise Diver's Profiles" and sticky & lock it? Thanks!

Edit edit: just read your last post, Kim. I'll get a consensus first.... :)

Agreed to the above changes? (looking for at least 2 more people...)

chip104:
I like this thread. Any maintenance we want done, we just post here. Finally getting things done! :)
No. It gets discussed here. When you actually want it done then whoever is going to be the point of contact (Paolov?) PMs me with the request and as long as I understand it I do it! :wink:

to avoid confusion for Kim who is currently our support here on the board.

Please let us agree to a point person who would be in contact with Kim for the maintenance of these threads.

First we need to establish the line of official communication for PPD Maintenance and Kim

secondly , how would we like the threads to be organized, here it is just us then once we get a consensus the point person relays this info for execution.

just as a guide to PPDs, we are permitted to use the facilities as stated in TOS, though it may be to us at times personal regarding PPD as it has become our venue to be "barkadas" we are still able to enjoy this thru the gracious permission of NetDoc (owner) of this ScubaBoard Forums. It is his house and we are allowed to play in his garden. So there would be other kids as well who are around us.

chip104:
Kim, is it possible to copy (not cut & paste) these posts into a new thread called "Philippine Paradise Diver's Profiles" and sticky & lock it? Thanks!
Actually I'm afraid it's not (without an incredible amount of work). There is no tool to copy posts between threads - only move them from one thread to another.
Copying would require a Ctrl-C to a clipboard and pasting it into a new post. That is something that you'd have to do yourselves or the name on each post would be wrong. They all have to be done individually.

edit: The only other way would be to copy the whole thread - and then delete all the posts you don't want. That means a list of numbers!

edit: Actually...copies of posts are actually not allowed in the first place. First of all - it adds to the total database which are housed on paid for servers. I realize that in any one place it's not so much, but if everyone starts to do it, it mounts up quickly. Apart from the extra cost involved it also means that the search engine finds multiple entries and the whole board slows down when it's a lot. I think you just have to decide where you want to have any given information and that's that.

Back
Top Bottom