Power inflator is leaking

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillipl

New
Reaction score
Hey,

I just bought a used Technisub Vorio 2000 BC but when i tried to inflate it, I found out that the power inflator was leaking from the infator button. I found a small tear in the rubber button. Can I just glue it together og can it be repaired or should I get a complete new power inflator? If so do they all fit and is this something fairly simple?

I hope i get some fast answers as I cant wait to dive my new BC :wink:

Yes, I have talked to seller, and he has agreed that we need to repair it... but i was just wondering if it is cheaper to replace the inflator handle which I may be able to do myself or if I should send it to a shop and then let them fix it... They will probably just change the button but they also have to be paid!!! But what do you think I should do?

They have o rings in them. You should be able to unscrew the button and change out the ring.

Ok, do you are telling me that air is actuallynot supposed to get out to the ubber button but there is a seal before? That makes it much easier if that is the case...

The mechanisms are quite simple inside, you might try taking it apart to see if if an o-ring is missing... A replacement can also usually be found inexpensively - $15-$25 (or more if you want to pay more lol) I have one of those infamous Halcyon inflators that requires frequent servicing ... (I know ... I should just replace it...)

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom