Pounding in One Ear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all...

I jsut got back from the ENT and of course nothing was found. No fluid, no malformation that he could see form the ear, and no hearing problems (took full hearing test). I talked to him about diving, and he said he does not know of any incidents where this was dive related. Basically, he wants me now to do an MRI. If nothing is found in the MRI, I'm pretty much out of luck and have to hear this poundign the rest of my life. What really sucks is when I am diving I have to hear it, especially with it full of water...its a little distracting. It's like having a drip from your bedroom ceiling that never stops - just about enough to make anyone go over the edge. :)

Thanks all for the support and help!

JesseJean

I think the MRI is entirely appropriate. There are various vascular abnormalities that can cause this, and some of them can be inside the skull.

Hey,
did you fix your ear by any chance?
regards
B4e
Got the same after last diving

Hey,
regards
B4e

This is a pretty old thread so not sure the OP is still active, but if you have inner ear symptoms after a dive you need to be examined by a physician (preferably one with training in diving medicine) immediately.

Best regards,
DDM

Hey,
regards
B4e

I am getting this Pulsatile tinnitus Lately too, although I am not sure it is necessarily from my recent dive. Did you make any progress?

Im sitting here reading the post. I can hear and feel my heartbeat all my waking hours plus I also have ringing of the ears. Had it all for the last 50 years. Been diving 60 years over 10,000 dives. It doesn't bother me I can hear good but everyone says I am a loudmouth when speaking. Don't worry about it unless it gets worse or check it out with a ENT Diving Doctor.

To be clear, I think sealark (correct me if I'm wrong) is talking about chronic pulsatile tinnitus and not new-onset symptoms following a dive, which would need immediate medical attention. Still, chronic pulsatile tinnitus could be related to hypertension, so I wouldn't just discount it without having it worked up.

Best regards,
DDM

My BP was 120/80 this morning, but I still get this Occassionaly in right ear only. Plus the ear clears oddly, so I am getting it checked out next apt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom