Question Pouch weight belt is too short -- can I fix it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freedc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was on a boat and must have set up next to a small woman who I later learned took my weight belt and I took hers. They were identical belts that have a single zipper that runs along several pockets that hold lead shot weights. I always liked it, but she was smaller and her belt doesn't fit me. Is this something that I can fix with an extender or something? Or do I need to sell it a small person and buy a new one? I own all the weights and am used to this configuration.

The other diver is long gone and I'll never find her. Thanks for any advice.

I was on a boat and must have set up next to a small woman who I later learned took my weight belt and I took hers. They were identical belts that have a single zipper that runs along several pockets that hold lead shot weights. I always liked it, but she was smaller and her belt doesn't fit me. Is this something that I can fix with an extender or something? Or do I need to sell it a small person and buy a new one? I own all the weights and am used to this configuration.

The other diver is long gone and I'll never find her. Thanks for any advice.
An extra length of 2” webbing and another waist buckle and you’ll be set, assuming the capacity and location of the smaller number of pockets is okay. Effectively a seatbelt extender. Pirahna or DGX or maybe your LDS will have both.

Thanks. I ended up just buying a new belt. I'll give or sell the old one to someone with a narrower waist.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom