Potential for water introduction - post op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laparoscopy sounds like there will be external incisions in your belly area.

I had my hysterectomy (& bladder repair), vaginally, in Sept 2009, a week after my husband had several vertebrae fused.
Since we were both to be off 6+ weeks he booked a trip to Grand Cayman. I did not dive :-( I did follow my dr's orders and to the letter. She's the expert for me. Nothing was said about water in the vaginal canal specifically, but intercourse was off limits too.

She was most concerned about the weight of gear. Diving, I need 12-14 pounds of weights plus all the other gear. My husband was of the opinion that I could manage all my gear in the water. But I didn't want to push it.

And at age 55 I also found that I needed lots more rest (naps!) than ever before in my life for this recovery. She did see me before I left on the trip and gave me the go ahead to swim in the ocean. I waded more than swam! I had no problems with infections.

But I am a "group" of one, so your mileage may vary.

Back
Top Bottom