Posting timeout interval problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diversteve

always tired
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I've had this happen on more than one occasion so I thought I'd ask about it here.

Several times during posting, always when I've been replying to other posts, I've obviously exceeded some time limit for having the editing window open so when I go to preview or submit my reply, the system just resets and I get an error message that indicates something to the effect that the thread is invalid. Then when I return to the topic, my post is obviously not there although I'm still logged in.

I wouldn't guess that this interval is any longer than about 10-15 minutes, the reason for this is I edit my posts after writing them, usually to shorten them, as I can tend to be excessively wordy and I also at times refer to other documentation or websites for information to include which can take several minutes or more.

So does anyone else have this problem? And is there anything I can do about it? Some timeout setting I can increase? I suppose I could just edit offline then paste my reply into the topic, but this defeats the purpose of the forum.

What I currently do as a workaround is copy anything I've written to my clipboard prior to pressing preview or post so I don't lose the text of my thread, but this seems like a poor solution to this problem.

If it matters, I use IE 6.02 and XP SP2.

Thanks for any suggestions,

I suggest when logging in to ScubaBoard that you click the "remember me" button, this will keep your account from timing out. It is also a good idea to write your longer posts in a program like MS Word, that way not only do you have them saved incase you get logged out or your internet connection has a program, but you can also spell check them easily.

Tech Admin:
I suggest when logging in to ScubaBoard that you click the "remember me" button, this will keep your account from timing out.

That worked, thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom