Posting photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sure, since the answer came quickly, the hijack will be foregiven by the OP. It was pretty spectacular seeing the storm. Some people were really upset that they lost dive days. I was as well, but I could be happy knowing that I added another "never before" experience to my repetoire.

I am not the person to help with the "tecky" stuff but I can help you post pictures.

If the pictures are located on a website already, you can post them as follows:

- Every picture posted on the internet has an address such as this http://www.divingmyway.com/images/Lapse_Water.jpg . When displaying the picture alone in your browser (not as part of a page) you can copy the address as I did for that. Then, in a ScubaBoard POST window, paste that address between
at the end with no sapces. If you do this, be sure the picture is not too wide otherwise the screen you see here will get very wide (I believe 800 pixels wide maximum is OK).

The result of this is as follows (and as I recall I resized this photo to 800 pixels for this exercise):
Lapse_Water.jpg

If you have the pictures on your hard drive, you can upload them to your SB account in the photo gallery here. Then simply browse and find your picture, upload it and open it. Once it is opened, you will see a small box containing BB CODE that can be copied and pasted into a post window. It will look like the following code (except I changed the first and last square brackets [] to {} so that you can see the code:

{img]http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Ghost_Ship1.jpg[/img}

This is the result if you simply copy and paste BB Code from your gallery:

Ghost_Ship1.jpg

You will see that the picture is automatically resized so that it nicely fits the window. There is no need for you to resize the photo yourself which is convenient.

Last night I tried to copy and paste the codes from my SB photo gallery, but the site wouldn't respond or allow me to copy and paste. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I was at least able to attach thumbnails into the thread for the first time, so there has been some progress! Appreciate any suggestions.

I am trying it right now with one of your pictures.

Bonairetrip-1-09_367b.jpg

If you right click and wait for the menu to slect "Copy" from, it will not work. As soon as you click your mouse inside the BB Code field, the text will hilight. Then you can either use "CTRL + C" which is copy on Microsoft programs OR you can click the "Copy to Clipboard" button to the right of the BB Code box. Then you should be able to paste it into these POST boxes.

That is very true....it will not work. Using either the keyboard shortcut (CTRL + C) of the "Copy to Clipboard" button should work just fine.

Thanks everyone for the help, I've been away all week, just got back to this thread. I will give this a try, looks like it will work. Again Thanks!!

Glad I could help Jim. By the way, I enjoyed looking at your Bonaire pictures. I wish I was back there. Thailand in November is so far away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom