Posting photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again Steve. I did do one thing extra, to get the pictures to load more quickly. All this week SB was loading and re loading really slowly.
I opened SB in 2 separate windows, one to my photos, and the other to the thread I was working in. That way I was able to "Ctrl-C"and "Paste" the BB codes between the two windows without having to wait endlessly for the re load! Now posting pics is a lot more fun.

No problem Jim. Glad I could help.

reading the thread, I see that Steve said when you the "img" line, the picture is automatically resized to fit the window. I wonder if I am going about posting pics the hard way.

To post a pic, I take my original (I shoot in raw and process as tiff) and use photoshop (CS3). I take my final edited pic and change the "image size" so that the width is no larger than ~600. Then I save it as a jpeg. During the save, I can select the file size (settings of 1-11). I choose the one that gets me closest to a filesize of 100kb. I upload that file to my gallery and post from there (example shown below). Of course, I am losing a lot of resolution as I go from 14000kb to 100kb.

Spotted_scorpion_fish_8_keys_2005.jpg

Is there a better way? Is it really necessary to drop the image size manually in photoshop?

Thanks for any help.

Can't help you much, am too much a novice, but love your signature.

Made me think of my first chance to get a great picture of a seahorse: Got a buddy to back light the horse just right and set up in close and at the just right angle for a memorable shot. When I brought the camera up and I checked the screen I suddenly realized that I was looking right out threw the lens cover.

I had been downloading pics to the laptop that morning, and the camera was still back in the room attached to that laptop, and all I had in my hands was the empty housing!!! Boy did I feel like a fool looking at that seahorse threw an empty camera housing.

The only way the size is altered automatically is through the bb code in th SB Gallery. If you upload the picture to then SB Gallery the copy the bb code and paste it in a post, the pic will be a nice embedded size.

Otherwise I believe Microsoft has a way of resizing mutiple pics at once but I basically do it your way. That is all part of taking it from RAW as shot to what gets shared.

Posted via Mobile Device

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom