• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Posting photos in Threads

Discussion in 'Photo Gallery' started by firemedic8082, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ozziworld

ozziworld Manta Ray

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!
    Strangely, it is also smaller than the image you posted appears ?

2. bleeb

bleeb Photographer

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    Flickr is a bit odd in how it handles links, because of it's attempts to allow people the option of making it more difficult to copy photos (for either personal privacy or commercial reasons) and because the maximum size of photos you can share is determined by how much money you're paying them.

I think they're recommended procedure for getting the link is this: Below the photo file name and the pic, there's a little size selection icon that says "All sizes". Click on this to go to the size selection page. Click on the size you want to post. Assuming you've set the permission of the photo to be viewable by Everyone, below the list of available sizes should be a link "Download the xxx size". This is the link you want to rick click and copy.

3. Juha_Kristian

Juha_Kristian Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Hi,

Just testing here.

Normal ear.

[​IMG]

Infection in ear canal.
    [​IMG]

Now it seems to be working. Thanks :)

DandyDon likes this.
  4. mike_s

mike_s Solo Diver

wait... I thought you were only supposed to test with Horse pics? :D

5. Juha_Kristian

Juha_Kristian Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    What? Sometimes adding pictures work and sometimes not. Miserable forum.

Vented model
    [​IMG]

Non vented model
    [​IMG]

Proplug sizing instructions
    [​IMG]

Proplugs sizing
    [​IMG]

6. ferris213

ferris213 Regular of the Pub

Not sure if this is the right place but I'm having trouble posting photos.

My understanding is I can just click and drag from a file on my computer directly to the post I'm typing? When I tried that it said I had exceeded my number of characters. The post was short so I was nowhere near 15,000 characters, but the notice said I had 300,000 something characters...

Any suggestions would be appreciated... (even if it is only to tell me where I should be posting this!

7. Quero

Quero Will be missed Rest in Peace

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    ferris213, you need to click the little picture frame icon at the top of your reply frame. When you mouse over it, it says "Insert Image." You will be given the opportunity to either select an image from your computer or one from the web. Just dragging doesn't work since all that gets copied is the code, which ends up making the post massive.

8. ferris213

ferris213 Regular of the Pub

Trying again?
    HMAS Brisbane Nudi1.jpg

HMAS Brisbane Shrimp2.jpg

Is there a reason these images seem small? Is it just the size of the saved image or can I resize them?

Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added ----------

Copy of HMAS Brisbane Shrimp2.jpg
    Cropped and resized?

---------- Post added ----------

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  9. Quero

Quero Will be missed Rest in Peace

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Those first three are thumbnails. When we click them, we get a slightly larger image. And when we click on the larger one, we get a full-sized view.

10. HowardE

HowardE Diver

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    Instead of using "inline attachment" as an option... You want to use the IMG tag or when you click the "insert picture" icon in the editor toolbar; you want to use "FROM URL" and uncheck "retrieve remote file and reference locally."

When you view your image in the gallery, the 4th line down on the right in the box labeled "additional info" shows the URL for the image. You put that in the URL box in the "FROM URL" part of the insert image. Then you'll get a full size image (limited by the max display width of images for the forum)

View attachment 125994

You can also view this short video with tips: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/how-use-scubaboard/421399-video-how-post-images-5-25-2012-a.html