Posting messages - not recognizing carriage returns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

large_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
I've notice when I'ved posted during the past week that my posts show up with no skipped lines....despite multiple attempts to edit the post and despite adding extra lines in both the original post and edits.

For example, in this post, I've entered extra lines between each of these sentences....but they appear all jammed together.

Any ideas? I've tried using different browsers, but this didn't seem to help.

Thanks.

Chris

NOTE: edited this post after clearing cookies and switching to Google Chrome...seemed to fix it)

Last edited:
I've notice when I'ved posted during the past week that my posts show up with no skipped lines....despite multiple attempts to edit the post and despite adding extra lines in both the original post and edits.

For example, in this post, I've entered extra lines between each of these sentences....but they appear all jammed together.

Any ideas?

I've tried using different browsers, but this didn't seem to help. Thanks.Chris

And yet I can edit your post just fine. I'm using IE8 for this.

Have you tried tossing your cookies, rebooting, and all they usual stuff?

In addition to the previous advice. Make sure that your browser is up to date, and the latest version.

Firefox is up to date...but will try a cookie flush. Thanks. ---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 12:06 PM ---------- Firefox up to date... Dumped cookies.... Still not fixed (added carriage returns after "....." and don't see them)

Curious.

Does it do the same when you compose in Word, and then cut/paste?

If you quote me, does the quote preserve the carriage returns?

Curious.

Does it do the same when you compose in Word, and then cut/paste?

If you quote me, does the quote preserve the carriage returns?

Qoute test post

Also now trying using Google Chrome to see if that fixes it

Test test test

Google somehow did the trick

Cool.

Howard can marked this resolved then, right?

Firefox is up to date...but will try a cookie flush. Thanks. ---------- Post added April 4th, 2012 at 12:06 PM ---------- Firefox up to date... Dumped cookies.... Still not fixed (added carriage returns after "....." and don't see them)

The funny thing is your browser even deleted the carriage returns that vBulletin (I assume it vBulletin and not SB) puts in when it appends your original post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom