Posting and Sharing Photos on the Internet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickeyf413

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for a site to post my underwater photos on the internet to share with family and friend. So my question is what site(s) are you guys using? Are there any sites dedicated to underwater photography? If so, can you limit who can see your phones kind of like Facbook?

Just curious... I've been posting here and at underwaterphotography.com

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I use photobucket and flickr.

Photobucket is a little easier for image posting to forums using code.

flickr charges beyond a certain number of files/memory.

flickr has 1TB for uploading.. and that includes video.. so far i have xfer my picture to there..

Pinterest - no limits, very few rules...lots of active viewers. Not really scuba specific, actually mostly food and wedding dresses...

Bu there are a large number of excellent photos to be found.

Pinterest is banned in the professional uw photography community as they take away your copyright and technically can use their images without consulting you
Flickr is the standard choice or other services like smug mug

Thanks everyone for you replies it sounds like flickr is the way I'll go

One more question is anyone using Microsoft's SkyDrive to backup/store your photos? Any reliability or security concerns/issues?

Pinterest is banned in the professional uw photography community as they take away your copyright and technically can use their images without consulting you
Flickr is the standard choice or other services like smug mug
Good to know and likely one of the first things posters should consider if they ever want to monetize (or claim rights to) their photos.

SO PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT!

I am on the "don't care and can't be bothered" side since I do not believe that my pictures are that great (well some of them ARE just friggin awesome...well 1 was, maybe...photoshop? whuts that?)

I do not believe that I can compete professionally, so I am willing to give my photos away. To anybody, anytime. If they can benefit, then that is fine with me. If they give me a mention, then that is a bonus (well, free beer would be a real bonus).

My Calgary Stampede photos (both of them!) are used every year by a local non profit to promote next years event.

So be careful in how you expose your artistry to the world. There is no wrong answer in your intent, many wrong answers in your methods...

Calf Roping. Calgary Stampede 2013 | Texture

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom