Post Your Latest Gear Failure!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There were about 100 places where the hose was leaking from the first stage down to the SPG, not at the fittings but in the rubber itself.

Some hoses have little built in perforations that are designed to go bad gently at those points, which is better than the kind of explosive failure that almost took out my left ear drum.

Apex regulator on my pony bottle failing while on vacation. Fortunately, between dives. It has been recently services, so the dive shop was quite apologetic.

Agree with Boulderjohn, a small or several very small leaks can last a long time. :).

My Bare HDC Tech Expedition drysuit flooded quickly when I got in the water for my last dives of cave2 class. Game over.

Zipper Kaput.

Bare boasts a lifetime warranty, so I shipped it off to them. Hopefully they honor it, the suit isn't quite a year old and has less than 40 dives. I thought I'd been taking good care of it, but apparently I have not.
I just got word from the LDS that bare did cover it! The suit is on it's way back and I'll have it Tuesday night. I'm real glad I went with BARE!

I packed for a trip to Sipadan last summer. Detached the corrugated hose from my wing like I always do. Fly 30 hours to Malaysia, another 2 to Sabah. A one hour boat ride to the resort. Start assembling my gear and the corrugated hose washer is on the kitchen counter in Dallas. Fortunately, the dive shop at our resort cannibalized one of their bc's and gave me a loaner washer for the week.

I packed for a trip to Sipadan last summer. Detached the corrugated hose from my wing like I always do.

Maybe a stupid question, but: why?

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

I packed for a trip to Sipadan last summer. Detached the corrugated hose from my wing like I always do. Fly 30 hours to Malaysia, another 2 to Sabah. A one hour boat ride to the resort. Start assembling my gear and the corrugated hose washer is on the kitchen counter in Dallas. Fortunately, the dive shop at our resort cannibalized one of their bc's and gave me a loaner washer for the week.

How was this a gear failure?

Latest failure wasn't mine, per say but since I was using team bailout it ended the dive quickly. My partner had a regulator start free flowing uncontrollable at 285 ft in eagles nest on a bailout bottle. Do to depth and delayed reaction to narcosis lost 20% of the tank before he could get the right valve shutoff

@ DARUSHIN. Not sure I understand. You were on rebreather and had to use a bailout? 285 feet on air?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom