Post your favorite Bonaire Dive Picture

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is mine:
820__MG_0321_Bubble_Shrimp_BA_12-09.jpg

I give - is that a peacock flounder above? The eyes look really bulg-y (if there is such a word) from the angle...Interesting angle, though. I'm going home to go shop for a strobe, I need more light, yeah that's my problem...

Both Papa Bear's photo and mine are a peacock flounder. Didn't know who's you were asking about.

Hate to break it to you, but I don't have a strobe. :)

100mm or 105mm? Great shrimp! I will get around to using mine, but it is so limiting for all the cool stuff! The whale will go by as soon as I put it on!!!!!
820__MG_0367_Juvy_Smooth_Trunk_fish_BA_12-09.jpg

Sailfin with my 50mm, but couldn't get him to come out and show off!
820__MG_7007_Sailfin_Blenny_BA_12-09_IV.jpg

100mm or 105mm? Great shrimp! I will get around to using mine, but it is so limiting for all the cool stuff! The whale will go by as soon as I put it on!!!!!
Thanks. Just a little Canon PowerShot SD700 IS in a Canon case using internal flash. Works really well for macro.
Topside.. Birthday dinner at the end of the pier at Richards.
birthday%20dinner%20pier2.JPG

OK you showoffs! (I'm really envious now!!) To all who posted the shrimp - they are truly wonderful. And the little ball of a juvi trunk - how cute is that! Blennies are very funny looking for some reason. I spent one dive with an entertaining red lipped!

Have seen plenty of peacock flounder, I never noticed their eyes were so prominent. I'm usually looking down on them. They are one of my favorites when I do dive presentations for the kids - we play "find the fish in the picture". Seahorses, frog fish and trumpet fish are hard to find in my bad pictures!! Not to digress, if it works a pic of my favorite flounder should be attached...taken at knife point off the Jersey coast.

After years of investing in equiptment for topside shooting, developing and printing my own (including portrait and sports/action) I kind of dropped out when the digital era arrived. That was about the same time I started investing in another capital intensive sport - diving! Couple years back I was given a little Sony ps cybershot and I found it had an underwater housing that I picked up. I have taken classes for UW and a couple folks said it's a good little starter for macro work and I will continue to practice until I determine if I have the chops to move up. I have good bouyancy and a buddy who supports my efforts when I want to hang about snapping blennies.

Your pictures will remain my motivating factor! :D

Attachments

• Tim w flounder.pdf
    105.8 KB · Views: 72
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom