Post your boats!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I don't know if there's been a thread like this one before, but I'll give it a go. I'm amazed by the awsome boats some of you guys use for diving, or just for getting out to sea (away from the Mrs too perhaps?)

Anyway, we have a budget building project in our garden. Most likely there for another year, since we just bought our first home. The house needs some refitting too before we are happy with it.

Here it is:

Camera%20Picture%2021.jpg

Baten_bak.jpg

It's a 23ft crab fishingboat from the UK, originally fitted with a V8 gas engine and a tiny doghouse. The hull is about 1" thick... It has now been rebuildt with a new house and a deep keel and refitted with an overhauled 45 HP GMC diesel. We've also made an opening in the rear for easy in and out + we are fitting a platform in the rear. Not the prettiest sight around but by golly how practical for diving! In Norway you never have to go far offshore for great dive spots and gas is about $6 a Gallon... (Boat diesel is only $3/Gallon).

We got an old Chevy Suburban 4x4 diesel just for towing it with us to go diving on the west coast of Norway...

Oh, the pics are not in our new garden! Here's our new garden:

hedmark6910412203004956_1-b.jpg

:) :) :)

I know I know.....I may want to look into some navigation classes. That damn pole came out of nowhere - you can see I had no room to steer around it! :wink:

Imagine??

Ha ha

--Matt

Gotta love those woodies ... not exactly dive boats though. Hey! Keep that weight belt away from my brightwork!

Nice boat Matt! so, is that what we were supposed to go out with on Sat.??? ha,ha,ha...you wanted us to moor our's and go with you on your's...luckly we didn't..ha,ha,ha..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom