Post pics of you and your rebreathers!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cool, thanks guys.

i was wondering about one thing... is it pertinent to take a bunch of classes (ie: nitrox, rescue, DM) before rebreather class? Can it be just taken right after advanced and get into it immediately?

yukoneer:
... is it pertinent to take a bunch of classes (ie: nitrox, rescue, DM) before rebreather class? Can it be just taken right after advanced and get into it immediately?
That depends on the agency.
Most require Advanced or Rescue level (both of which should be required for diving, anyway) and all require some sort of nitrox certification.

For example you can certified for the Prism through IANTD and NAUI.
IANTD requires Advanced Nirtox certification, while NAUI requires NITROX only. ANDI, PADI and TDI I don't know.

I choose ANDI's CSU (Complete SafeAir User) course, as it it offers more than normal Nitrox (O2 content to 50%, two nitrox mixes & use of a pony/sling tank), but in a single class.

With many instructors you can take the required nitrox class at the time of the rebreather class, though I only recommend that if it's otherwise not available. There's plenty of new knowledge and skills to aquire, so being versed with nitrox rather than having to add that makes things easier.

Back
Top Bottom