Post Mortem Required--Why Do You Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correction to original Post:

I have recently learned on another thread by Eric Sedletzki, that I am not a vacation diver as I wrote in my original post. The vacation diver moniker is a pejorative term.

I am a Hobbyist diver. Hobbyist divers are good divers while vacation divers are not very dedicated, are codependent, and can't assemble their own kit.

markm

Hi Insta-Gator,

I actually liked your first response. I guess it takes a smart-ass to enjoy a smart-ass!

100% social diver...I did not see that one coming. Do you have other avocations where your interest is 100% social?

thanks,
markm
Not really. I would have assigned a percentage to the fish/coral category, I thoroughly enjoy watching them, but I'm too lazy to learn how to identify them. I just glide along and think, "Ooo, pretty" until it's time to surface and say, "Ooo, beer."

Not really. I would have assigned a percentage to the fish/coral category, I thoroughly enjoy watching them, but I'm too lazy to learn how to identify them. I just glide along and think, "Ooo, pretty" until it's time to surface and say, "Ooo, beer."

Hi Inst-Gator,

We do have some things in common. I usually get to the surface on the last dive and say, "Ooo, Porter, or Stout, or whisky, or rum, or tequila!!!" I am not prejudiced at all when it comes to a drink with friends who just shared a great adventure with me.

Yeah, I like seeing the reef fish, but I am not interested to know them by name. I give them the once over, smile and say, see ya!

markm

"Ooo, Porter, or Stout, or whisky, or rum, or txxxxx!!!"

Porters and Stouts are my brew of choice. I compromise at home with Yuengling Black & Tan as a price performer. Elijah Craig or Knob Creek are the preferred bourbons.

Porters and Stouts are my brew of choice. I compromise at home with Yuengling Black & Tan as a price performer. Elijah Craig or Knob Creek are the preferred bourbons.

I'll drink those bourbons any day. Yuengling is good stuff.

How about Pappy Van Winkle?

markm

If you have some Pappy Van Winkle, Mrs Dish and I would appreciate it if you would bring some with you.

New one on me, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

If you have some Pappy Van Winkle, Mrs Dish and I would appreciate it if you would bring some with you.

Hey Dish,

I never owned a bottle of it. However, an acquaintance did and poured a glass for me (he paid about $350 for it as he won it in the official Pappy's lottery).

He asked: neat or on the rocks? I said: Pappy's on the rocks, no way!!! Blasphemy!

It was everything that its reputation puts forth.

If only I could win the next Pappy's lottery...

markm

Last edited:
New one on me, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Hi Insta-Gator,

It is worth what ever you pay for it. Too rich for my blood.

Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 23 Year Old Bourbon Whiskey 750ml

I will thoroughly enjoy your company if you wish to share a glass with me! It is really good! Smooth, clean finish, no bitterness or harshness--I was impressed. Cathy even liked it, and she is not into bourbon.

markm

Holy cow! :eek:

Does it make you immortal?

(don't look now, but I think your thread got hijacked):hijack:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom