post dive cleaning bp/wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver4life

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering what eveyone does for cleaning their bp/wing after diving. Also do you get a lot of water in your bladder?
Thanks,
Doug

Just got my BP/W, but I can't imagine it would be any different than a regular BCD. I just rinsed of the BP and harness with fresh water. I removed the wing and cleaned it like I would a normal BCD, rinsed, put some BCD cleaner in the bladder, rinsed, remove water from bladder, and dry.

I dive in freshwater, so I just put the BP back on the shelf in the garage. :D I inflate the bladder a bit and turn it upside down to drain any water. Most days I have very little, some days, I have more. I think it depends on how hard you try to drain air of out the wing, after all the air is gone. I don't rinse out the bladder with any frequency, aside from the water that works it's way in there during the dive. :wink:

I seperate the BP from the wing (for transport and cleaning). Soak the plate and attached hardware, soak the wing. Partially fill the wing with water, shake, dump (from both dumps). Inflate the wing when done. Store.

Thanks guys, thats what I thought, just didn't know about flushing it with water or with something added to the water. Mostly salt water diving here.
Regards,
Doug

Every now and then I take some Listerene or Cepacol mouth wash, pour a couple of capsful into the oral inflator, followed by about 2 quarts of water and give it a good washing and then a good clean water rinse.

the K

Back
Top Bottom