Post Dive Care of a Zeagle Octo+

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mm777

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
:newbie: Since my Octo+ is attached to my BC how should I rinse/care for it after each dive? I saw the thread on forgetting to put the dust cap on before soaking and got to wondering about my setup! PS: I don't have the option of rinsing while hooked up to my tank.

The Zeagle Octo+ comes with a cap too, or you can leave it hooked up.

If you presently only rent tanks, you might consider getting a pony tank. It is nice to have for blowing some air back through your system, filling tires, etc., not to mention a great redundant air system on the dive. And ponies are rarely available for rent.

Sizes most easy to use for a bail-out are 6 & 13 cu ft. Sizes 19 & 30 cu ft make good deco tanks too.

Chad

Attached are some options.

Chad Carney:
The Zeagle Octo+ comes with a cap too, or you can leave it hooked up.

If you presently only rent tanks, you might consider getting a pony tank. It is nice to have for blowing some air back through your system, filling tires, etc., not to mention a great redundant air system on the dive. And ponies are rarely available for rent.

Sizes most easy to use for a bail-out are 6 & 13 cu ft. Sizes 19 & 30 cu ft make good deco tanks too.

Chad

Attached are some options.
I got my Octo as a hand me down from brother....no cap, where can I order one...from the Zeagle website maybe? Also what should I keep on hand as spare parts for the Octo (i.e. spare inflator hose, spare Octo hose?) in the event I'm diving somewhere there aren't Octo parts available? Thanks!

There is nothing inside a 2nd stage that will be harmed by a clean FW soak. The problem is when water gets into the 1st stage either thru the inlet or by getting into LP hoses and eventually working its way into the first stage. When I used an air2, I routinely soaked it without the protective cap to make sure I cleaned out the SW that could leave deposits which would damage or corrode the orifice or its housing. The protective cap is protecting the connector on the octo which has to seal against a seat in the inflator hose connection.

And if you are going to put that cap on there... wait until it's had a chance to totally dry out before you do it. In all honesty, I haven't put a cap on mine in years... and never had a problem. Just dunk and rinse everything.... then let it dry.

If you put the cap on too soon, and trap a lot of water in there... that would be worse for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom