Possum Kingdom, flooded town?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allen42

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this a myth or real?

I just returned from a week of camping with my son (via school) on Possum Kingdom lake. While there, the counselor told the story of damming the river and creating PK. This flooded a local town much sooner than expected, making them quite unhappy. I asked her if she knew anything about this town and its divability. She told me the town's name, and that she was pretty sure that scuba divers have dived it.

How cool! Supposedly, this all took place around 60 years ago, so I guess that it is feasable that some structures would remain, right?

Anyone have any credible info on this?

PK legends abound. They supposedly tested Aircraft Carrier catapults off one of the ridges. The cars they used in the tests are strewn under the water somewhere.

JT2's the only one who has the actual GPS co-ordinates for all the neat PK stuff, though.

now thats the firsttime i have heard that "aircraft carrier cats", i guess next time i go out there i will have to ask some of the locals. but then again if things go right i will be back(knock on wood) working at the camp and i will actually be able to dive some of the major sites out there and see if some of the rumors are true.

Dez JT is long gone he hasnt been here or responded to anybody since he stiffed a group of us last may

Tooth

Back
Top Bottom