Possible trip to Palau in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xmas/New Years and any major Japanese Holidays are the times to avoid.
I've been going with Fish n' Fins Dive Ops since 1999.

Mike,

There is no diving in Manila you have to go to another area in the P/I. The diving is usally good and cheap anywhere in the P/I. I like Negros or Cebu provence.

As for Palau I would go anytime but Golden Week when all the Japanese divers go. Go with an English speeking dive op like Sams or Fish n Fins. I use both.

You need to fill out your profile don't know where you are comming from to better answer your ???

Dale
Still on a little rock in the Pacific

Ahhhh....better check that weather.....that is where the Typhoons spawn....it could be a hit or miss...I go every March....had only one year in 8 (ly) where the weather was bad....I use Keith at Palaudive.com

weather in Palau in August is notoriously crap.

You would do much better to come here (Yap) where it is one of the best times to dive, don't ask me why weather patterns so different when we are so close.

I was in Palau July last year. Weather was not great. I'm going back in January. Doing Palua, Yap, Chuuk, Kosrae, and Pohnpei.
Can't beat the Palua Pacific Resort and Sams Tours in Palua.
I would go Dec-March. Be sure to visit the story board bar, Kramers Cafe, the bar on the NECCO marine dock that was built by the survivor TV show crew, and the prison (for a story board).

VW
On a slightly larger rock in the Pacific

VWGuam.....Where is the story board bar?...never seen or heard of it. I will be in Guam for a day next week (on my way to Palau)....any suggestions as to what to do for a day?

The story board is on Malakal. When you drive out of Sam's make a left on the main drag or a right if your leaving Neco. The bar is right before you cross the causeway. The bar is made from story boards, some X-rated.
If your in Guam for long enough you could dive with MDA or GTDS. They have daily boat trips, most days 2 trips and some nights. They both have websites.
If you want to sight see you can drive down the southern part of the Island and up the east side to Talofofo. Eat at a place called Jeff's Pirate cove. It's on the beach and you can pick up some Guam trinkets. The southern part of the Island is beautiful.
I also highly recommend just chillin at the hotel pool bar! Some of the hotels on Tuman bay are top notch.
If you like Thai food Check out Bon Thai. It's in Tumon across the street from a bright yellow building called Stan Lee's. Stan is from Australia, sells beer and wine from around the world and makes a kick *** Lamb sandwich.
Have fun!

If you go in July and august you risk NOT being able to dive the western facing dive sites such as Blue corner, blue holes and Peleliu. Thats when the live abaord boats come to the Philippines for dry docking.

If you come to the Philippines in August, head to Puerto galera , flat water and good viz, lots of fun for the single traveler...

Back
Top Bottom