possible switch to tech rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh i do plan on keeping my seaquest bcd. my girlfriend will be using it instead of me.

If it were me, I'd probably buy through the shop just to better develop a good relationship, especially if they can get close to the internet pricing or matching the pricing of the kit already selected. As long as you're similarly comfortable in the halcyon and the other kit, keeping a good relationship with the shop is beneficial for both of you.

very very true. i would want to keep them in my good grace!!!

He is going to take rescue. Unless he keeps his BCD handy, getting him out of the continuous webbing during the skill excercises will be a task for his fellow classmates.

I used to think that until I wore a continuous webbing harness for my rescue class. I loosened it up a bit before class and my buddy had no problem whatsoever removing my scuba rig. In fact I had more trouble removing his standard BC than he had removing my BP/W. I had 5 quick releases (waist, chest, 2xshoulder, weight belt), a velcro cumberbund, and a console bolted to his right chest to deal with. He had one waist buckle and a regulator necklace to deal with. In a real situation if my arm would not slip out of my harness he would take my z-knife and cut one of the shoulder straps and the rig would fall right off. Enough said.

I would go with halcyon as dive right wings i tried were difficult to dump if they had bungies removed as their outer shell was soft. Im not sure they are all like that but its a thing to look at. i have no issue with either dss or halcyon wings

damm now i am debating which to purchase. the halcyon or the setup i posted in this thread!!!

damm now i am debating which to purchase. the halcyon or the setup i posted in this thread!!!

The Blue kool-aid is the best.

Trust me.

I mean SOMETHING has to justify the price right?

The Blue kool-aid is the best.

Trust me.

I mean SOMETHING has to justify the price right?

I'll disagree with this one. Most expensive? Sure. Best? Nope.

There are many quality BP/W rigs out there. And you don't have to pay the "H tax" to own and dive them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are many quality BP/W rigs out there. And you don't have to pay the "H tax" to own and dive them.

Are you new to sarcasm?

:)

i do understand what you are saying. the halycon will be a dive shop purchase vs a very good online dealer for the setup i posted earlier. one is 414 and the other is 698 out the door. lets see.

DevonDiver,

What do you think of the Scubapro X-Tek BC series (from BP/W only not necessarily technical diving)?

Looked into it and it's almost or more expensive than an Halcyon rig.
Why pay more to get less?

To the OP:
I bought a Used Halcyon Rig. It's great and I paid 50%, still diving it. I had the WTX3 wing before and I like this one WAY better.
Furthermore I went from transpac to simple webbing because the sternum strap buckles and the weight pockets started to annoy me.
It was in the way. My simple harness, BP + Wing is awesome, won't go back to a bcd.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom