Possession point ferry this weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Donnie1442000

Registered
Reaction score
I’m looking to hit the ferry this weekend and it looks very doable in the morning. Does anyone have any recommendations for dives that doable during the exchange? Right now the weather report looks good so a 15 mile run is no big deal for a good dive.

Hat Island reefs aren't far away ... and quite diveable during moderate exchanges.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Oh, I'd be envious if I weren't going to Maui. That ferry is the prettiest dive I've done yet in the Sound.

Possession Point Fingers are right there.

I've only dived the Fingers a couple of times ... but I got the impression that the site is current-sensitive. The OP is asking for a second site he can dive during an exchange ... I assume from an anchored boat.

Is that really a reasonable choice under those conditions?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Thanks for all the info. I may have to do another trip out to do the fingers as Bob mentions it’s my impression that this is a current sensitive site. I will be running from an anchored boat but with someone one board so I can very easily go from anchored to live boat if needed. So if any one knows of a good drift dive in the area that would also be great. Right now it looks like Possession point ferry and hat island reef there is always room for a third dive if there is another site in the area.
TSandM have a great time in Maui I enjoyed my 6 weeks in Honolulu and I’ve head Maui is a lot better.

NWGratefulDiver:
I've only dived the Fingers a couple of times ... but I got the impression that the site is current-sensitive. The OP is asking for a second site he can dive during an exchange ... I assume from an anchored boat.

Is that really a reasonable choice under those conditions?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We did them both on the same day so it can be done. I've not been there a lot however.

I will be launching out of Mukilteo boat launch on Sat morning and it looks like I have room for one more if any one has the morning free. We will be doing 2-3 dives the first one at the possession point ferry then it's off to Hat Island. I would love to do the fingers also but I have a new diver with me and I’m not ready to chance the currents with him yet he needs a few more dives. PM me if you are interested. I’m looking at an 8:30-9 launch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom