Positive vs. negative preferences for a cave DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_v

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Howdy folks,

Do you prefer a slightly positive or negative DPV weight in caves? I rigged my SUEX for flat trim and tried neutral, positive. and negative options - all within sub-ounce from each other. All seemed to work but I prefer a slightly positive setup. Seems to work just fine when the scooter is parked/out of the way.

What's your preference?

Thank you!

Positive 100%!
Settling into soft sediment is bad news. Of course depending on where you are and the DPV itself it could change over the course of a dive. Gavins were famous for compressing at depth

*I'm not a cave diver* but I do park my DPV.
I like it positive but just enough that the tow bridle boltsnap will keep it on the bottom.

Howdy folks,

Do you prefer a slightly positive or negative DPV weight in caves? I rigged my SUEX for flat trim and tried neutral, positive. and negative options - all within sub-ounce from each other. All seemed to work but I prefer a slightly positive setup. Seems to work just fine when the scooter is parked/out of the way.

What's your preference?

Thank you!
slightly positive, though I prefer a hair more than some because I like it to ride "up" when it's between my legs and I'm towing it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom