Poseidon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Phil111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For all you Poseidon experts and just knowlegable divers. What are the SN#s of the different models, and what years did these models change? When buying used Poseidon regs this is usefull in seperating the old from the antique.

Here's a link to the manuals-
http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/manuals/

This is not intended for you repair regualtors but to make it easier to identify what you are buying.

Please be careful with the 1st stages, this is were some people are getting hosed. You want a picture of the flat surface with all the numbers. It should have the serial number and model number information.
Older Poseidon 1st stages do not have standard hoses or hose fittings and are a real pain. I own a few (ha,ha) Cyclons and just love them.

Please be aware that the 1st stage to 2nd stage hose has custom fittngs and it requires a Poseidon hose. You should try getting a seven ft hose; Wow, what a pain.

Anways great regualtors, I enjoy mine just know exactly what you are buying.

Regards, Andrew

Crazyduck:
Here's a link to the manuals-
http://wetlands.simplyaquatics.com/manuals/

This is not intended for you repair regualtors but to make it easier to identify what you are buying.

Please be careful with the 1st stages, this is were some people are getting hosed. You want a picture of the flat surface with all the numbers. It should have the serial number and model number information.
Older Poseidon 1st stages do not have standard hoses or hose fittings and are a real pain. I own a few (ha,ha) Cyclons and just love them.

Please be aware that the 1st stage to 2nd stage hose has custom fittngs and it requires a Poseidon hose. You should try getting a seven ft hose; Wow, what a pain.

Anways great regualtors, I enjoy mine just know exactly what you are buying.

Regards, Andrew

i hear ya. i bought two supposed jetstream first stages but they turned out to be cyclons. one of them was even branded subgear. guess these guys were subcontracted to make the earlier cyclons.

by the way the cyclon 1st stages look exactly like the jetstream, had them taken apart and cannot tell the difference

Phil1111:
CRAZYDUCK you are the MAN!!!!, or are you related to ODIN?
Thanks
Phil

You are the man indeed! I just bought a Jetstream and now I can fully understand how these great regs work. Don't worry, I will not be servicing my own regs not without training anyway.

I am pretty sure that the difference between the Jetstream and Cyclone 1st stages is only 1 o-ring. At least on the "current" models. Love my Cyclones.

adios don O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom