Poseidon xstream OVP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alkin

New
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a used Poseidon Xststream and wondering how I can find out if the first stage has an integrated OPV? My concern is that the LP hoses have been replaced with Oceanic hoses.

Model is 4791-GY and serial number is 400919. Based on the serial number I think this is a model from 2004 and after doing some research I believe that after 1991 Poseidon built the OPV into the 1st stage housing. Is this correct?

Any help or advice is welcome.

Thanks

If the bottom/flat part of the first stage has a “plug” screw like in the picture below then it has the OPV build in. I believe Poseidon added those in 2008 however.
1633052344671.jpeg

Hi all,

I bought a used Poseidon Xststream and wondering how I can find out if the first stage has an integrated OPV? My concern is that the LP hoses have been replaced with Oceanic hoses.

Model is 4791-GY and serial number is 400919. Based on the serial number I think this is a model from 2004 and after doing some research I believe that after 1991 Poseidon built the OPV into the 1st stage housing. Is this correct?

Any help or advice is welcome.

Thanks
A photo would be helpful; but, of those Xstream regulators that I have from around that period, none had the OPV on the first stage. They remained on the second stage hose until about 2007-08; though the preceeding 3900 (Cyklon and Jetstream) series did have an OPV on the first, by, I believe, the 1990s . . .

Hi, here is a picture of my reg. I do not have that whole that someone mentioned
IMG_20210929_193659.jpg

Here is my second stage as well:
IMG_20210930_072759.jpg

Also, looking at the hoses more in depth there are markings saying poseidon
IMG_20211001_174135.jpg

but then here it says oceanic
IMG_20211001_174123.jpg

There it is, a spring loaded thing at the end of the hose inside the locking nut assembly of the second stage

Also, looking at the hoses more in depth there are markings saying poseidon View attachment 684652

but then here it says oceanic
View attachment 684653
No OPV on that first stage but despite the Oceanic hose “protectors” (you should get rid of them) those are Poseidon hoses so you’re good to go.

Back
Top Bottom