poseidon threedee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i own a poseidon threedee mask and have been using it for over 50 dives. lately ive been noticing that the silicone nose area pushes up on my nose, its not painful but quite annoying. i have to fix this several times underwater to relieve the pressure on my upper nose. is it the mask??? anyone ever felt this?

I've used a US Divers Look mask for years, and when diving frequently such as on a dive trip I start to become annoyed with the mask pressing up under my nose. I could pull it down a little for relief, but it soon would ride back up. I've tried adjusting strap tension, and where I fit the strap on the back of my head to no avail.

I still can use the mask most of the time without much discomfort, but I did finally treat myself to a new mask. Maybe your's just doesn't fit you either.

Dennis

hi spoon
many of us have the same problem
sounds like it is a mask squeeze or the mask is just too small for you
the three-dee mask is a low volume mask
does it get worse as you go deeper
i would suggest tring to equlizing the pressure inside the mask more often
also try to loosen the mask strap so that the mask just sits on your face let the presure of the water make the seal
hope this helps

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom