Poseidon Regulator??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasonX5

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone ever used or owned a poseidion reg? Please tell me your thoughts. I'm seriously considering getting one. I appreciate any comments. Thanks

If you do a search you will find there is a lot of information on this board about them. I own two and like them. They breath great, especially at depth. But they are not simple regs to work on. I have to send mine away to get them serviced. Because of this, I'm probably going to be switching over to Apeks DS4 for my doubles. I've been using an Apeks DST on a stage bottle and when teaching.

DJ

I have owned a set of Xstreams for about a year now. There pretty new to me as I only have about forty dives on it. So far so good. I've had them as deep as 150 and they do breath nice and smooth at that depth. I'd buy another set.

Jim

They are very good, high quality regs. They breathe well but they are a little harder to work on. Poseidon has been around for years. If you are used to other regs they Poseidon's can take a little getting used to. They use a servo instead of a poppet style and behave a little different than traditional regs. I really like them. Just make sure you can get it serviced in the area where you will be diving.

Have had my Poseidons for 12+ years and wouldn't give them up.

I just purchased my Poseidon jetstream odin about a month ago. When I dove with it, I immediately loved it! It kept my mouth dry and breath easier when I go deeper.

jasonX5:
Has anyone ever used or owned a poseidion reg? Please tell me your thoughts. I'm seriously considering getting one. I appreciate any comments. Thanks

I used them for years, and they are built like a rock. Good for cold and deep, and take some abuse.
DIR divers will hiss at them though, because one can't take the second stage apart under water, and they have an upstream 1st stage (at least the older ones, not sure about the Xstream). In the European tech diving community, they are standard issue though.

No cheap regs, and one should be able to do at least some basic service and have spares like a hose and O-Rings, as parts aren't that common in remote/tourist destinations.

I like the side exhaust design, and the fact that spare parts (at least for the Cyklon) will probably always be available, as they are already around for some 40years.
In the US, however, they can be a little hard to come by. And aren't cheap, due to the expensive Euro. So one is lucky to have a good source with fair prices. But they only need service every other year, so that offsets it.
Don't know why many people say they are hard to work on.

d-s-f

i have the xtremes they are the best imho. no fuss regs and they are one of the most robust. have done about 70+ dives on em and no problems. have brought em down to 160+ and they breath just as good. i seriously think poseidons will be the only regs i will ever own.

If I'm not diving deep should I reconsider and get something else? Most of my dives will be in Cozumel 7-8 times a year and a few lake dives normally at a depth of 80-90 feet max. I found the poseidon reg online for $479 on one site and $800 on another online site. That seems quite a price difference for the same thing the $800 has the manufacturers warranty. Leisurepro has the cheaper price and said they offer an in-house warranty if they can't fix it they send it to the Poseidon on their dime. My LDS does not carry poseidon so that's not an option. I'm also looking at the Atomic M1 is this a decent reg?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom