poseidon or mares or scubapro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sndt1319:
How important is the adjustability of the breathing resistance of the second stage? I have been looking at getting a reg set and I am still trying to decide what to get. With the rebates going on I have been thinking of getting a Legend LX but for cold water recreational diving do I need all the bells and whistles? Or would saving some money and getting the Abyss be reasonable? I guess my real question is how to decide how much regulator you need? Right now I dive in the PNW so I know I need something for cold water but after that how much will a inexperienced diver benifit from something like a Legend or a TX50 over the Abyss? In a year I will get commisioned as an Officer in the Army so if I decide to expand my diving requirements I will easily be able to afford upgrading my gear. Right now I just need something for single tank diving that can be serviced anywhere in the world and handle any rec diving situation that I could incounter where ever I get stationed (looking in Korea or Germany's direction(assuming I don't just get deployed to Iraq or Afganistan)) .
From your post I understand that you think that the Abyss id inferior to the Legend or TX50. I can assure you that it isn't so. The Abyss is an excellent reg that will be more than capable to handle everything that you will throw at them and more.
http://www.mares.com/NS_NewsView.asp?news=55

Howdy. As a swedish divemaster with mostly cold water experience I would have to recommend the Poseidon. I´ve tried both Scubapro and Mares but my personal favorit is Poseidon. Not because it´s more smooth, because it´s not. But because of the simplicity and reliability. Even the U.S. NAVY recomend it.

Back
Top Bottom