poseidon jetstream or apeks atx 200?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes.

My interpretation of what detroit diver is saying is that both are very good pieces of hardware.

My view, let price, the ability to get them serviced, cost of service and how you like them guide your decision.

Most people are more familiar with the Apeks. The only caution that I offer to people who have never used thePoseidon, is that it is a completely different type of breathing system. I have never met anyone who doesn't like one though.
Ultimately, I can almost guarantee that the Apeks will be cheaper, and one more thing, I hate to do what always happens with this type of question and push a different reg, but why the jetstream, why not the Xstream. Just a thought, but if I had my choice I would take them in the order listed below pending servicability, and price was not an object.
1. Xstream (because of its newer system on the already good design)
2. Apeks (awesome reg, you'll never hate it and it is widely available for service and parts)
3. Jetstream (only because it is older and not the newest, top of the line in its class (demand vs. servo assisted))

No wrong choice here. I am not sure if Poseidon has a parts warranty or not. Does anyone.?

I am not sure if Poseidon has a parts warranty or not. Does anyone.?
If you're asking if you get free annual service parts with Poseidon, no.

I'd go for the Cyklon, if mine ever wear out. (been close to 30 years & they're still going strong though.)
The new Xstream 1st stage is awe inspiring though.

"Ultimately, I can almost guarantee that the Apeks will be cheaper..."

LeisurePro prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $474.95
Poseidon Jetstream - $349.95

SimplyScuba prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $480.94
Poseidon Jetstream - $389.26

ScubaStore prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $445.29
Poseidon Jetstream - $319.27

CRDiver:

LeisurePro prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $474.95

SimplyScuba prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $480.94

ScubaStore prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $445.29
I was talking about the new Xstream. Yes the first stage is awe inspiring. Even with its performance. Are you sure that even brand new poseidons ? That would be just about enough to turn me off, even though I have tried it and it is an awesome reg.... Even if the Poseidon is cheaper think long term $50 parts per year is somethingto think about. Not only are they not warrantied, but they are not cheap.

CRDiver:

LeisurePro prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $474.95

SimplyScuba prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $480.94

ScubaStore prices:

Apeks ATX200 - $445.29
I was talking about the new Xstream. Yes the first stage is awe inspiring. Even with its performance. The nice thing is that with the new Xstream, you won't need the environmental cap for the first stage when diving it in ice. I did and it worked great. Are you sure that even brand new poseidons ? That would be just about enough to turn me off, even though I have tried it and it is an awesome reg.... Even if the Poseidon is cheaper think long term $50 parts per year is somethingto think about. Not only are they not warrantied, but they are not cheap.

Back
Top Bottom