Poseidon Cyklon 5000 / Cyklon 300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there's nothing wrong with them, they were used for a very long time in a lot of very nasty conditions and are still used by a lot of sump divers. Just not the highest performing first stages out there since the design has actually been meaningfully improved on over the last 50 years
Ah, makes sense. I'll set them up as backup regs for light recreational use then. I'll stick to the 5000 for i bit more serious work, seeing as I aint got the money for Xstreams:(

Ah, makes sense. I'll set them up as backup regs for light recreational use then. I'll stick to the 5000 for i bit more serious work, seeing as I aint got the money for Xstreams:(

the second stages are identical, pick whichever ones you think look better. For first stages, just use whichever ones are the most convenient for you

the second stages are identical, pick whichever ones you think look better. For first stages, just use whichever ones are the most convenient for you
Would you recommend them for a 45m or 65m dive? (Purely theoretical)

Would you recommend them for a 45m or 65m dive? (Purely theoretical)

them being which stage? Have to clarify because the 300/5000 denotes a Cyklon second stage with the 300 being metal body and 5000 being plastic body. The first stages are not specified by that model number.

pictures of the first stages will help us ID them a bit better.

The second stages are officially rated at 50m by Poseidon. I would have no issue taking them to 100m though would prefer my Jetstreams if given the choice.

them being which stage? Have to clarify because the 300/5000 denotes a Cyklon second stage with the 300 being metal body and 5000 being plastic body. The first stages are not specified by that model number.

pictures of the first stages will help us ID them a bit better.

The second stages are officially rated at 50m by Poseidon. I would have no issue taking them to 100m though would prefer my Jetstreams if given the choice.
Apologies, the 3950 vs the 2305
IMG_20180827_194923.jpg
IMG_20180827_194847.jpg
IMG_20180827_194826.jpg
IMG_20180827_194811.jpg

3950 would be my first choice in first stages and is actually the first stage that ships with brand new Cyklons. It is rated to 50m depth and I would recommend listening to the manufacturer on that one.
I would take it deeper, but I can't recommend you do.
The 2305 is fine for deco bottles and what not. Nothing wrong with it

Ah. Thanks @tbone1004, I actually went for a few dives with the 3950 and the Cyklon 5000 yesterday and enjoyed it. The only problem I had was that the second stage start becoming very difficult to breathe the deeper I went, at 29m I had to suck on it to get air out, changed to the Octo and it was a bit better but not much.
Do you think the IP in the First stage might be problematic?

Ah. Thanks @tbone1004, I actually went for a few dives with the 3950 and the Cyklon 5000 yesterday and enjoyed it. The only problem I had was that the second stage start becoming very difficult to breathe the deeper I went, at 29m I had to suck on it to get air out, changed to the Octo and it was a bit better but not much.
Do you think the IP in the First stage might be problematic?

no way to know, it is likely not tuned properly. You have to set the IP on the Cyklons when tank pressure is very low, usually around 15 bar and the IP should be 11.5 bar.

I
no way to know, it is likely not tuned properly. You have to set the IP on the Cyklons when tank pressure is very low, usually around 15 bar and the IP should be 11.5 bar.
I'll have a look at that. Thanks for the advice Tbone, it's appreciated.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom