Poseidon Cyklon 5000 / Cyklon 300

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcel333

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone.

I was wondering how many people still dive with the Cyklon 5000 and/or Cyklon 300 and what your configurations are for them? i.e Stage bottles, primary, secondary, slings.

I'd like to know as I picked up 3 Cyklon 300 regs for an absolute steal. I got them mostly because the second stages are basically identical to the Cyklon 5000 and having a few spare is always a good thing, but was wondering if the 300 First stages are any good?
IMG-20180826-WA0015.jpg
IMG-20180826-WA0008.jpg

they aren't well balanced, they usually have metric ports which require adapters, etc. I see them used most for oxygen and suit inflation bottles, and for any surface dedicated use *i.e. tire filling*.
Second stages are fine, just annoying because of the non-standard hoses and the expense of getting adapters as omniswivel is the only one who has them. Taiwan knocked off the Jetstream/Xstream hose adapters years ago so they're incredibly cheap, but the Cyklons are still unique.

If they're used for normal diving, the Cyklons are usually found in sump diving due to being incredibly forgiving to adverse conditions

they aren't well balanced, they usually have metric ports which require adapters, etc. I see them used most for oxygen and suit inflation bottles, and for any surface dedicated use *i.e. tire filling*.
Second stages are fine, just annoying because of the non-standard hoses and the expense of getting adapters as omniswivel is the only one who has them. Taiwan knocked off the Jetstream/Xstream hose adapters years ago so they're incredibly cheap, but the Cyklons are still unique.

If they're used for normal diving, the Cyklons are usually found in sump diving due to being incredibly forgiving to adverse conditions
Interesting. I haven't found the metric ports to be an issue yet, that might be because Metric is the standard where I live.

Hi @northernone , thanks for the input. Where you referring to the 5000 or 300?

the second stages are basically identical with one being plastic, the other metal. The important part is how easy it is to clear them of mud/muck etc. and how stupidly simple they are.

the second stages are basically identical with one being plastic, the other metal. The important part is how easy it is to clear them of mud/muck etc. and how stupidly simple they are.
Yeah, them being identical is one of the reason I bought 3 today. But I was wondering if the first stages were going to be good for anything or if I should use them for something other than diving

Yeah, them being identical is one of the reason I bought 3 today. But I was wondering if the first stages were going to be good for anything or if I should use them for something other than diving

there's nothing wrong with them, they were used for a very long time in a lot of very nasty conditions and are still used by a lot of sump divers. Just not the highest performing first stages out there since the design has actually been meaningfully improved on over the last 50 years

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom