Pos. dive lake pleasant btwn 3/09-3/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pontoonlover

Reaction score
I'm making plans to visit a friend in Mesa and thought I might see if I could get in the water while I'm there. Since I'm from WI it would be nice to check out AZ's diving. It seems as if the water temp is in the 50's and that it would be good to bring my semi-dry suit. I am trying to figure out the best shop to use in the Mesa area for a tank and such. Also, I need someone or people to dive with. Would love to meet some new people. Additionally, logistics have to be figured out. I might be able to catch a ride with my friend or borrow his car, otherwise I guess that I will rent. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. If there is a regular dive group that is open to newcomers I would love that. If things go well I would love to do more than one day of diving.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Jack

Jack, I will probably be at Lake Pleasant on the 10th and 11th. It's about an hour drive from Mesa, but the only lake worth diving in the Phoenix area right now. You can usually find someone hanging out at the lake on the weekends. By then, the temp will be creeping towards 60, but still cold.

El Mar in Mesa has tanks for $6 a day. Saguaro Sports in Mesa has them for $5 a day or $25 for the week (including the fills) If you're only diving a day or two, i'd say it depends if your friend lives closer to Broadway and Dobson or Stapley and the 60.

Thank you both for the info, I really appreciate it. When you say someone will be out there on the weekends, where is one likely to find the divers? I have looked at L. Plsnt. and it is a sizable area. It seems as if there are a fair amount of places to dive. Where would you dive if you had one day to dive?

Thanks again,
Jack

Here is info on a popular dive spot
http://www.getbentscuba.com/scorpion_bay.php

It's a BIG lake but only a handful of worthwhile sites are accessible by land, the above seems to be the most popular and is my favorite when it's diveable as it is now.

That's too far in advance for me to commit to, but keep us informed, you'll be able to get some locals to join you, especially on the weekend. For weekdays, PM Big Mike (username: Granny) he's usually up for a dive anytime.

-Garrett

Back
Top Bottom