Portsmouth, Pierce Island 4/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh brrrr.....lol.

I hope the water in Bonaire the week after next is a tad warmer than that!

It's good to hear someone is getting out though!

John C.

Tim K, Gintz, Jim Mahoney and I went out today. We were optimistic Nubble would be ok. Seeing the surfers parked along Long Sands Beach was not a good sign. Though no winds, seas were rough (foam on surface), looked like crappy vis. We punted and went down to Portsmouth to do the Pierce Island Wall dive. High tide was at 11:15 so we went in at slack. We wentered water 12:39 PM. 31 min BT, Temp 39 at depth, 42 on surface. Vis was ok. (20 feet) Max depth 66 fsw. It was a check out dive for most of use as we just had our gear serviced. Once decended and everything ok.

We then went to Ft. Constitution, the new UNH Pier. I baggged the 2nd dive and just layed out in sun (didn't want to get back into my dry suit again) but Tim and Jim did the 2nd dive. Great vis in this little cove. We drove by earlier before going into Pierce Island and saw a diver going in. It's a dive can dive regardless of tide. Just stay close to shore away from the channel.

Overall, a great day.

Yes it was cold, but we were prepared for it. I'm writing this from the Charlotte airport between flights from MHT to MIA. I'll be diving Key Largo tomorrow.

Have a great time in Bonaire with Luis, John. Hope to see you this summer!

Make sure you dive Hands Off on Klein Bonaire too!!! Have fun and thanks again for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom