ports for MK25

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

De Spook

Registered
Reaction score
what are the sizes of the HP and LP ports on a scuba pro MK 25?

also what are the size of the ports on an aqualung capylpso?

De Spook once bubbled...
what are the sizes of the HP and LP ports on a scuba pro MK 25?

also what are the size of the ports on an aqualung capylpso?

The ports will be standard on the scubapro. Older aqualungs (ca mid 1970's) used the same sized ports for LP and HP (both std LP sized). Maybe if it's a very old calypso it could be like that but anything reasonably modern certainly isn't.

In other words no surprises.

R..

ok, so what is standard?

3/8" or 1/2" ?

and i also hear that scubapro hoses are different, but noone has elaborated too much on the fact.

what are the main differences.

De Spook once bubbled...
ok, so what is standard?

3/8" or 1/2" ?

and i also hear that scubapro hoses are different, but noone has elaborated too much on the fact.

what are the main differences.

3/8

Hoses come in different lengths (obviously) and some are more supple than others but as far as I know scubapro hoses aren't any different than any other hoses. What might be different is that the "primary" LP port on the 1st stage is set to deliver more air than the other LP ports (more volume, the pressure is the same). Some modern regs do that but as far as I know you still use a standard hose.

R..

many thanks,

now i can continue my hunt for a decent 7' hose
and continue on the decision between 24 or 22 inches on the backup...

De Spook once bubbled...
many thanks,

now i can continue my hunt for a decent 7' hose
and continue on the decision between 24 or 22 inches on the backup...

I'm guessing you live in Holland, right?

R..

no, australia.

and with our exchange rate going up and up it is a great time to purchase from the floundering USA. Tee hee.

any reccomendations? 22" or 24" and places to get them?

De Spook once bubbled...
no, australia.

and with our exchange rate going up and up it is a great time to purchase from the floundering USA. Tee hee.

any reccomendations? 22" or 24" and places to get them?

It depends on how big you are, what kind of gear you use etc. 22 and 24 inch both seem a little on the short side to me.
Don't forget that you'll want to route your octopus hose under your arm.

I'd suggest a trip to your LDS. They can probably sort you out better than I can.

R..

The ends on the Scubapro hoses are to keep you from messing with them, they require a special wrench. You can get the wrench from Peterbilt.

The change in size in the HP port came about a tad later - somewhere around 1984 - 86. I have a regulator I purchased new in 1983 with the same size ports for both HP & LP. The one I bought in '86 has different sized ports.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom