Portable storage for digital camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOW! Thanks to everyone for their replies, I really appreciate all the feedback.

Fins - the adapter looks like exactly what I need (to justify the Archos anyways :wink: )

Scubapauly - thanks for the mini-mini-review of the Archos and vote of confidence

markfm - I already have two 512MB cards, I'm not sure I need any more :)

alcina - looks like I could have done worse than the Archos, thanks for another nod in that direction.

Again, thanks to everybody! I think I'll go with the new Archos device and combine it with the adapter fins mentioned. This trip will be a good test...

-globetrotter

The Archos AV420 is a very nice machine. It will also record directly from a DVD player. You'll be able to watch movies on the screen. For traveling I think you will find that very useful. At 240x320 the screen it isn't super high resolution but it does look pretty good. Hard to go wrong.

The Epson P-2000 is the king of portable storage. The 640x480 screen is gorgeous. But at $500 it's almost as expensive as a notebook computer.

If you don't need need huge storage and still want the nice screen, B&H Photo sells the Epson P-1000 for $289. It has 10GB and doesn't play music. But it does have the same screen as the P-2000.

I find traveling with a notebook computer a hassle. It's enough to take it for work. Personaly I'm waiting on the new Averatec model with a 10 inch screen. The specs are similar to the Sony T series but half the cost. It's pefect for travel and will even fit into some of the larger gadget bags.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom