Popular places in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The west coast of Norway for nature diving is awsome. I prefer the NW part, from Aalesund and up.

you should ibiza in the summer and dive with ibiza diving in santa eulalia, they have a great team and a good boat! i worked with them last year and had a great time, you can see some good sized eagle rays, barcudars, morays and congers, octopus, dolphin etc.... there is some really nice dives there and the viz is very good, worth checking out for sure.

South of France:
Calanques of Marseille
Porquerolles (marine park)

Spain:
Costa des Sol
Costa Blanca
Costa Brava

Greece

Sicily

shanefree:
you should ibiza in the summer and dive with ibiza diving in santa eulalia, they have a great team and a good boat! i worked with them last year and had a great time, you can see some good sized eagle rays, barcudars, morays and congers, octopus, dolphin etc.... there is some really nice dives there and the viz is very good, worth checking out for sure.

Small world. I dived with you lot last October and remember you from one of the days :)

As for other places in the Med, Malta & Gozo rank as the best in my book especially if into wrecks.

Greece has good vis but nothing to see due to spear fishing and restrictive laws.

i can also commend you the south of france. there are a few amazing dive sites which, in my opinion can be compared to the ones in the red sea. for instance the "rubis". there is also one dive spot (i don't know the name by now, but i can look in my data) where every time i dove there, there have been many (100+) barracudas. but as far as i know local dive centers do not dive there.

if you need more info please let me know

Daniel

DeepB:
there is also one dive spot (i don't know the name by now, but i can look in my data) where every time i dove there, there have been many (100+) barracudas.

if you need more info please let me know

Daniel

If you dive back there, could yout have a look at your GPS and...
What ?
No ?
OK...

Seriously : the best places I dove in Europe :
-wrecks aroud Hyeres or Marseille in South of France (I've never been in Skapa yet...)
-Hierro Island Canaries : absolutely fabulous !

Best wreck dive in Europe is definitely the Frankenvald in Sognefiord. 126 metres long, went down in '39, still intact after all these years, slight current gives plenty marine life. Swim throughs everywhere, rich history, usually great viz and allright water temps. A bit deep, but it only adds to the experience since it rules out most beginners. My advice is to contact GULEN DIVING CENTRE since they give excellent service and guiding. And they have a nice bar too! :)

img_header.jpg

Attachments

• img_header.jpg
    img_header.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 89
As for wreck diving I'd vote for Narvik, Norway.
And, KOMPRESSOR is right about Gulen. Nice place, great diving.

As for wreck diving I'd vote for Narvik, Norway.
And, KOMPRESSOR is right about Gulen. Nice place, great diving.

Of course Narvik has awsome wreck diving! Though to get the best out of it there one needs to come during late fall or early winter to have viz. As soon as the sun comes back (It disappears completely in the winter...) algeas destroy all viz. Now for you and me, air temps about minus 15C and surface temps about 0-1C is the norm. But perhaps not for so many others? :D

OK, I admit I haven't been diving in Narvik, yet... I still bet there are no single wreck there either, that comes close to the Frankenvald! :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom