Popular places in Europe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you're interested in water temp of around 19-22C, then the Baleasric islands offer great stuff. In between Formentera and Ibiza they have some beautiful reserves, also in Mallorca too:D

I've been diving in Mallorca for 2 years now, and I love the reserve jsut around the corner from the dive center i work at. On most of our boat trips we go to one of the marine reserves, and trust me it is really worth it, if you're intertested try http://www.hippocampes.com It has photo's of most of the dive sites, plus there are cheap flights :wink:

hvulin:
Well, for Croatia there is a lot of info... You can start from http://www.prodiving.hr/, there are a lot of dive centers so you can go to their web sites and see...

There are some great antic and WWII wrecks, some caves, walls but no coral reefs...

Thanks for that, I've only been to Bosnia right next to it, but not Croatia. When I looked at the long coast line of Croatia, I wondered when would be the next trip.
How's the cost of diving there, Anybody?

Guys, stay tune for the answer, it could be one of the cost effective place for diving in Europe.
Hmm... does anybody know anything related to Romania also?

Malta and Gozo are excellent, in the Med. Forgot to say in my last post, I have a trip report on my website about scapa, check it out.

alo100:
Thanks for that, I've only been to Bosnia right next to it, but not Croatia. When I looked at the long coast line of Croatia, I wondered when would be the next trip.
How's the cost of diving there, Anybody?

well, if you're diving with dive centers it's from 20 to 50 EUR (depending on location and equipment) - you'll need an additional license (around 15 EUR) but it lasts for 1 year...

Some places don't require the license and some do (it is reuqired by law but there is currently no penalty if you don't have it)....

If you want to dive alone (without DCs or dive clubs) you need to buy a "15 EUR license" and an aditional 330EUR license (per person) which also lasts for 1 year...

Appartments and rooms are pretty cheap but food and wine in restourants can be expensive...

Malta and Gozo for deffinate. Make sure you allow enough time to dive on both islands...or plan two trips, there are fantastic sites on both islands that deserve to be seen.

Costa Brava in Spain is in my opinion some of the best diving in the Med.

I have heard lots of good things about Croatia but have never dived there myself.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom