poor quality...AWFUL service....SANTI...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

linasglv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all, this is my experience with SANTI Dry suits.... I made short video.
https://vimeo.com/79284515

And I will answer uppcoming questions:
1. Yes, I tryed to contact dealer. Many times. By phone..by email...with short video shoots...And SANTI directly. Nothing worthly happened.
2. Problems started from FIRST dive....
3. Totaly I made around 100+ dives. 90% in fresh water...
4. And I know how to use dry suit...
5. I showed this video 1st to dealer and to Santi. And I waited again about 2 months (video was private). NOTHING.....

Somebody could say that I'm arogant prick. Maybe...But I'm sick from this kind of "service".

I live about 400km from SANTI main office. Even when I experienced all these problems with "service" ( I could say NO SERVICE at all). Imagine how MANY PROBLEMS you will get guys in US.....
To buy SANTI? Strongly NOT RECOMENDED...

Hello all, this is my experience with SANTI Dry suits.... I made short video.
https://vimeo.com/79284515

And I will answer uppcoming questions:
1. Yes, I tryed to contact dealer. Many times. By phone..by email...with short video shoots...And SANTI directly. Nothing worthly happened.
2. Problems started from FIRST dive....
3. Totaly I made around 100+ dives. 90% in fresh water...
4. And I know how to use dry suit...
5. I showed this video 1st to dealer and to Santi. And I waited again about 2 months (video was private). NOTHING.....

Somebody could say that I'm arogant prick. Maybe...But I'm sick from this kind of "service".

I live about 400km from SANTI main office. Even when I experienced all these problems with "service" ( I could say NO SERVICE at all). Imagine how MANY PROBLEMS you will get guys in US.....
To buy SANTI? Strongly NOT RECOMENDED...

Did you send the suit back to them to have it fixed? (I assume not) If not, then what did you want Santi to do?

I ask this, as I've not had any issues ignored by Santi. Normally the worst that has to happen is for the suit to go back and then they fix the problems. It appears that you are happy and able to fix it yourself (which is good) but what do you expect from them if you don't send the suit to them to fix?

Here in the UK I deal with minor issues like those so we don't need to send it to Poland, I'm sure that the guys in the US do the same.

my suit was laying at home (I was in warmer country than mine) for 5months. Take a gues did anybody asked my to send it? Or to do anything from my side...
Where was plenty of time to act. Few years...

All I can say is that isn't my experience with either my local dealer or the main US dealer. My customer service form Santi has been top notch.

I'm thinking the same thing as Johnkendall. Did you send it back? I'm guessing like most lengthy warranties that it covers repair rather than replacement after a short period of time.

I can understand problems with a drysuit - and frustration with a manufacturer who doesn't seem to be motivated to make it right. Your video does a nice job of approaching the problem in a kind of funny way (funny in a good way)...

But.... it is not clear to me, what you want Santi to do?

- Do you think they should replace your suit? I think that might be a bit overboard for the problems you were having.
- Do you want them to apologize?
- Do you want them to explain why they didn't respond before?
- Etc.

I have a feeling that there may have been some misunderstanding about what you wanted Santi to do BEFORE, as well... And it is hard enough to get things taken care of on a drysuit when all parties know exactly is going on, I can't imagine if there is any ambiguity!

Best of luck going forward!!!

Last edited:
Things may be very different in Europe because I own a Santi and have never had any issues with customer service here in North America... in spite of the fact that the Santi dealer knows I am an ambassador for a different brand!

Excellent trilam suit, and excellent customer service and warranty here.

The issues aren't clear to me. You have the suit, and after 100 dives the dump valve won't exhaust (did you try soaking it in distilled water, or taking it apart and cleaning it?). You have a leak in the neck seal, which is a consumable . . . Seals wear out. The leak in the sock would annoy me, but I would have Aquasealed it and gone diving. The lesion in the upper left leg looks like a traumatic hole, and no suit is warrantied against holes that occur from use.

I've had my Santi suit about a year, and I haven't put that many dives on it yet, but it's been quite well behaved except that the neck seal (a latex one) wore out. This was something I expected, as I run through neck seals. Our US distributor replaced them for me at a very reasonable cost.

You didn't contact the dealer and ask for a warranty repair,, rather you fixed it yourself. So exactly what action do you expect them to take? Its already fixed!

I agree that it is disappointing that you had the problems in the first place, but why didn't you return it to be repaired?

Back
Top Bottom