poor quality...AWFUL service....SANTI...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Divers

In response to the last post of not satisfied Customer, we feel obligated to clarify the issue. We had been contacted with Client and asked to send back his suit for amendment to the factory.
Unfortunately Client request was to receive a brand new suit which naturally we couldn’t accept as the number of potential defects didn’t let us to replace the whole suit.

Thank you for nice movie and hope after your own repair the suit is still ready for another dives.

Tomasz Stachura
CEO Santi

"Unwanted pee valve"? Must be a diaper guy. :D

The issues aren't clear to me. You have the suit, and after 100 dives the dump valve won't exhaust (did you try soaking it in distilled water, or taking it apart and cleaning it?). You have a leak in the neck seal, which is a consumable . . . Seals wear out. The leak in the sock would annoy me, but I would have Aquasealed it and gone diving. The lesion in the upper left leg looks like a traumatic hole, and no suit is warrantied against holes that occur from use.

I've had my Santi suit about a year, and I haven't put that many dives on it yet, but it's been quite well behaved except that the neck seal (a latex one) wore out. This was something I expected, as I run through neck seals. Our US distributor replaced them for me at a very reasonable cost.

Ok.One more time...
Dump valve was defective from the FIRST dive...
Seals wear out...Yes, but not after less than 100 dives. And not among the seams...And what about neoprene socks? And again among the seams...
Traumatic hole??? You must be joking...Traumatic...from the INSIDE??? I'm very flattered, but I'm not THAT powerfull :)

---------- Post added February 12th, 2014 at 09:40 PM ----------

You didn't contact the dealer and ask for a warranty repair,, rather you fixed it yourself. So exactly what action do you expect them to take? Its already fixed!

I agree that it is disappointing that you had the problems in the first place, but why didn't you return it to be repaired?

I did...from the first problem (dump valve) I contacted the dealer. I even send him short video shot from the dive...After this suit was laying at my home for about 6 months. Was very easy to replace the valve. Of course if you WISH to replace...

Helmet....same story. Call to dealer->picture of hood->nothing happened....

The socks and neck seal....Call->pictures->2 months of waiting...NOTHING happened...

At the end I even registered on Santi web site, "Stay dry club". And even after there was NO action from Santi directly for few weeks....
So tell me...what I supposed to do? (since first problem it was about two years....).To wait again nobody knows ho many months and came out of the water wet and freazing from every dive??? No, thanks.
Of course I repaired by myself all the issues. And ONLY WHEN I made this video...

And for Mr.Stachura I could say only one thing. First you must have a good team and service, and only when go worldwide. Because now...it's only marketing. Based on not much....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom