Poor Mares equipment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captrmj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all. im trying to get a message to any one from Mares. about a year ago i purchased 4 origin sport bcds for my self and family. on the first dive the seam burst on my daughters and i aborted the dive. when i returned to the shop in saudi they stated this happens with these cheap bcds and offered me extra discount if i brought a new more expencive unit. on the next dive my daughter was ok but my bcd started bubbling in the same place. lucky it went as i was inflating on the surface.
again the saudi supplier offer to replace only if i brought a new one. he refused to take back under warrentee as he had to pay the return shipping. last week the third bcd went. same place. so 3 out of 4 is not good for the company. this is after 4-5 dives. ( the replacment from a new company have never given problems ) who can i complain too, as the saudi agent isnt interested in anything but selling more equipment.

Cap, I would contact the local Mares distributor directly as obviously your local dive dealer isn't interested in giving you service!:shakehead: Just selling you more expensive equipment!:shakehead: You have a warranty on that gear and you should get it applied to your stuff if it's still under warranty (which it seems to be by your description). I believe the Mares website (Mares - stand for diving should give coordinates for this. If not, I'm sure someone from this forum will be able to help with contact information.

I've had 2 mares BCDs and my girlfriend has one. Over 250 dives on them and no major problems!:popcorn: When on one of them a suture came undone, It was covered under warranty without a question! Mares stands behind their products and don't let a bad dealer give you the runaround!

Needless to say, I think you should be spending your $$ elsewhere if this guy won't honnour the warranties of the products he sells....

Just my 0.02$

thanks for that but this is the main dealer from saudi arabia based in al-khobar. the equipment just comes apart on the heat seals. last night i checked the fourth jacket just for my interest and yep this one leaks as well. just a few bubbles from the joint.

Capt, I checked on the Mares website and this is the link to the Saudi arabia distributors. Mares - stand for diving You should definetly be complaining to them about the bad service you received from the dealer and tell them you need to have these warrantied! If the warranty is still good, there is no reason they shouldn't help you! If they won,t help either, then you'll need to go higher up the chain to mares headquarters. Lets hope that's not the case.:shakehead:

Well, as I told you I've had nothing but good experiences with my Mares BCDs, but you seem to have received some bad gear. And whatever the reason for it, that stinks.:popcorn: But Mares gear is generally very good quality. Have them warrantied and let them know you are disapointed and don't want this happening again. If they value your business at all, they should make sure you get this settled.

Sorry to hear about your problems but I hope it works out for you!:coffee:

Hi Capt.,

I am sorry you are having these issues. Please make sure you have your proof of purchase as this is required for warranty. PM me some contact info, email is best and I will forward to to someone who can help you out.

Best regards

Phil

many thanks for the replies. it was Al Khorayef Commercial CO. the main saudi agent that advised me to change the bcds as the returns method involved me paying all the return shipping and delivery costs,
hope Phil can help

I was in contact yesterday with my colleague who manages the Middle East. He will speak with our distributor and try to get you a resolution quickly.

Regards,

Phil

Hi All
it would appear that i am not alone with seams going on the bcds. i spoke to a local dive club that had 12 jackets purchased about the same time as mine. they have 5 that had the seams go in the same place, (all go where there appears to be a break in the heat seal on the shoulders.they all look as if the seal was thinner at this point. all failed with in a few dives.) none of which were replaced under warranty, they subsequently brought 24 full sets including regs fins suits etc. from a different manufacturer and suppler without problems. no replies from the middle east agent yet.

Many thanks to all concerned. my faith has been renewed. after meeting the middle east agent for Mares, the fault was diagnosed as a faulty heat seal, The agent then had a gentleman called Andrew, fly from Dubai to Bahrain to hand deliver the replacement jackets. now that`s what i call customer service!!!! My family will be using them next month so ill let you all know how they get on.

That's great news!:coffee::coffee: It's too bad your mares dealer wasn't ready to lift a finger to help you on this...:shakehead::shakehead:

Enjoy your BCDs!:coffee:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom