Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IIRC (and this thread started a while ago), the suit was brought in for service, not purchased. So yeah, the OP'd get his $100 back, but then the shop would still have his $1500 drysuit and would now feel entitled to not return it.

I haven't gone though the whole thread, but I thought the suit was never used and was being shortened.

If the OP brought and owned the suit, then it's small-claims-court time.

Terry

The suit is at the store available for pick up, anytime today as late as 6:00pm tonight. However according to the LDS none of the alterations you have asked for have been processed because they have been waiting for payment on the freight to ship it back to Whites.

Wait a minute. The suit has been sitting in the shop for a year while the LDS has supposedly been waiting for payment on the shipping cost?

Something doesn't add up here.

I would first like to confirm that Whites has not received or ever had this suit in for repair or alteration. I have also managed to get in touch with the LDS and located your suit. The suit is at the store available for pick up, anytime today as late as 6:00pm tonight. However according to the LDS none of the alterations you have asked for have been processed because they have been waiting for payment on the freight to ship it back to Whites.

Still at the shop waiting just for payment for shipping? Sometimes the simplest things... Even though I know that many days 2+2=5, somehow I can't even come close to the math on this part!
Eagerly awaiting the next chapter of the novella.......:popcorn:

I just can't wrap my head around waiting a whole year for this. 3 weeks shipping each direction, plus 3-6 weeks for the work to get done = 3-4 monhts tops that this hsould have taken. I would have started asking questions 8 months ago. I had have started raising hell 6 months ago and included an attorney (a $1500 dry suit is certainly worth $300 of my attorney's time).

I can't fathom waiting around for a year and then starting to try and do something.

But I also have no clue what's going on here -- the LDS story to Whites is that they're waiting on payment for shipping costs. The OP is saying he's been told by the LDS that the suit's in customs?

Someone is lying, and I don't think it's either Whites or the OP. So what the heck is the LDS up to here?

Good morning Joe,
I have dug up all history and paper work pertaining to this case. I would first like to confirm that Whites has not received or ever had this suit in for repair or alteration. I have also managed to get in touch with the LDS and located your suit. The suit is at the store available for pick up, anytime today as late as 6:00pm tonight. However according to the LDS none of the alterations you have asked for have been processed because they have been waiting for payment on the freight to ship it back to Whites. I will private message you with my personal cell phone number if you have any questions or concerns you can contact me direct. I also have the LDS owner’s cell phone number you can have to contact them direct in the event you are having trouble getting in touch with them during business hours.
Cheers,

Eric Keating
South East Regional Sales Manager

Hmm,
Suit needs to be resized/boots changed. Charge customer for work in advance but neglect to collect "shipping". A year later "Oh by the way we did nothing because you didn't pay shipping". Covering mouth with hand and coughing. Whats that sound like?

PS Why don't we have a bovine emoticon,,, with horns?
PPS This sounds just like my 13" monitor that got lost for a while. After a few months it turned up with a smug comment that there was nothing wrong in the first place. I didn't argue since the paperwork was attached to a 15" monitor :D

What White's and all it's little reps fail to realize is that there are many of us watching these kinds of threads.

Watching and making up our minds as to who (which manufacturer) will be getting our NEXT dry suit order.

What with Whites hoping to hit the big time with their new fusion, and a lot of interest being generated about that suit, you'd think they would be a little bit faster on the customer support - even if only for the sake of their reputation in cases like this.

You can bet I'll be asking some pretty pointed questions when White's "demo days" shows up in my area.

-S

The 2 Whites reps that responded in this thread.... Erik Keating and JediDiver both got involved. When they got involved the problem was solved. You don't know what went on behind the scenes with them. Had Medic13 jumped on this or got Whites involved a little sooner, I think that Keating and Jedi would certainly have helped Medic13. I applaud the efforts of the Whites representatives in this matter, I think they did the best they could.....which seemed to be trying to get their dealer in line.

The fault of this case seems to rest entirely with the dive shop, not with Whites. They were the one holding the suit hostage. While I would hope that Whites would remove that particular shop from their Authorized Dealer list, I don't hold Whites accountable for this fiasco in the slightest.

Thank you Erik and Jedi! Great job.

Medic13,

Sue the crap out of the shop, or do whatever you have to do to recoup any losses. I'd sue them for the cost of your new suit, and recover your Whites suit.

Tom

thank eric my wife got ahold of them this evening and i am going to try to go by thee my self and handle this , i will shipp the suit my self , or sell it , my new DUI suit fit great so we will see.

well I have heard nothing from whites since Jan 10th , talked to one of the shop sales person,briefly had to go due to a rescue call, anyway got run around didnt find out that I believe the suit was never shipped back to whites. anyway order my own dry suit a DUI TLS350 and three week later it arrived. but still either want my money or my dry suit. going to call via phone whites this week and see if they can put some heat on them.

I actually got a call today from sheriff department they served my papers at there house. So lets see what happens now, actually kind of surprised white dry suits had not responded back.
Sure makes them look bad too seeing how its one of there dealers.

The 2 Whites reps that responded in this thread.... Erik Keating and JediDiver both got involved. When they got involved the problem was solved. You don't know what went on behind the scenes with them. Had Medic13 jumped on this or got Whites involved a little sooner, I think that Keating and Jedi would certainly have helped Medic13. I applaud the efforts of the Whites representatives in this matter, I think they did the best they could.....which seemed to be trying to get their dealer in line.

The fault of this case seems to rest entirely with the dive shop, not with Whites. They were the one holding the suit hostage. While I would hope that Whites would remove that particular shop from their Authorized Dealer list, I don't hold Whites accountable for this fiasco in the slightest.

Thank you Erik and Jedi! Great job.

Medic13,

Sue the crap out of the shop, or do whatever you have to do to recoup any losses. I'd sue them for the cost of your new suit, and recover your Whites suit.

Tom

fpsndiver
I have to disagree with your assessment of Whites handling of this situation. Customer last heard from Whites on Jan. 10, 2008. On 2/22 sheriff delivered papers to LDS. Isn't it a bit odd that Whites responded today when papers were served yesterday? It should NOT take 6 weeks for Whites to find the suit and notify a customer what they have found out. Once contact was made with Whites they should have either followed through, or let the customer know that the customer must deal directly with LDS. IF this had happened I would have understood, but at the point that Whites responded to the customer they assumed some responsibility to the consumer.

So for Erik and Jedi you failed your consumer. I have been following this thread as I was looking to bring in a drysuit line (store opened last year). I was looking at Whites but due to this thread and handling of the situation they have been removed from my list.

So if I buy (fill in the brand name reg, whatever) from my LDS, and my LDS is the one screwing things up (fill in the brand name, reg, whatever) is responsible to fix the issues with my LDS??????

Keating was involved with this for the last 4 weeks, and if he had as much trouble getting in touch with the LDS as the OP, then that definitely explains things. Legally.....the LDS is responsible party here.

Next time I have a problem with a LDS, I guess I'll go cry to the manufacturers?????

I think them getting involved was good, and it wasn't timed with papers being served. Papers were served on diveshop owner (according to OP) not Whites. What legal interest does Whites have in the diveshop owner being sued?????? Absolutely none.

TOm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom