Pool size for OWD training - what's adequate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freediver:
There's your solution! Fill your pool with milk and really enjoy the savings! Homogenized, of course. :D

Well, clean and fresh water is free and available anywhere here, so...

I agree with the 14 foot depth......Also, consider putting in a staircase that comes out of the deep end.....so it would be a few stairs that just drops off into the deep end...instead of a ladder in the deep end. make the exits/entrances extra wide, to accommodate 2 people with gear... side by side. I know a aquatic center locally, that sells time in the pool for water polo and underwater hockey....I like the Idea of a square shaped pool. you enter in the shallows, but there is only a small wall seperating into the deep end maybe an opening in the center roped off to the deep end.. Basically a shallow pool next to the deeper pool with a small gate in between. now when roped off you have 2 pools 1 10' x 24' shallow and a 14 x24 deep (14 ft deep). you could make the shallow pool start at 3' and have a few steps dropping to to 5 ft. this would accomodate kids classes if you have a market for it. I threw a quick picture together to explain better. (the black is the slope/stairs between 3 and 5 feet)
poolqr8.png

. Also mentioned earlier is to place anchors a few spots in the bottom of the pool for ascent/decsent line practice.

Back
Top Bottom