Pool Practice During Winter Months

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShallowDiverDave

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Are there any nice indoor practice pools in or around Atlanta for winter use? I'm looking for a large pool that's at least 12 feet deep or any pool that's greater than 20 feet deep? My purpose for its use would be gear testing and practice. Thanks!

JKSteger:
Diver's Supply in Marietta. Also try some of the YMCA's around.

Do you know what the size is of the Diver's Supply pool? Also, great idea on YMCA, I'll check it out.

Don't know the specifics on the size but it's were they do all there confined water training. I buy all my gear from DS and when I get a new piece or trying out a new configuration I call and they let me know when would be a good time to come by. The pool was designed for SCUBA training if that gives you any insight.

Jeremy

JKSteger:
Diver's Supply in Marietta.

I heard they moved to where The Dive Shop was?

kentley:
I heard they moved to where The Dive Shop was?

Yep, been there for over a year now.

Good grief, come out to the lake and dive with us...get some real bottom time! I did my first October dive in Lake Lanier with 5mm and and a tri-weight. Of course now I do Dry (the dive was fine but the Surface interval is tough).

Mike

The DIR-Atlanta dive group has access to the Georgia Tech dive well, which is 17 feet deep. We are planning to schedule monthly practice sessions there as often as we can. We welcome anyone to join us, but you must use DIR gear to participate. There is a nominal cost involved to cover facility rental and insurance. PM me if you are interested in more details.

JKSteger:
Yep, been there for over a year now.

Wow, guess I need to head further south more often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom