Pool Pervert!!!

What would you do if you noticed a pervert checking out lady swimmers in the pool

• Ingnore it and focus on your swim

Votes: 60 35.5%
  • Tell the lifeguard

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • Inform management

Votes: 38 22.5%
  • Tell the lady swimmer about it and let her deal with it

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Confront the pervert

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Grab the guy and drag him to the bottom of the pool

Votes: 11 6.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think ZAquaman spider sense was right. He was there and saw it. If it made him uneasy the guy was probably a pervert. Many sexual predators frequent areas like parks athletic areas to aid in their sick games. I'm glad you called him out. I spent a lot of time arresting these lurkers when I was a vice officer. Seen a lot of twisted acts that at the time I really could not believe I was seeing. Before I got into that line of enforcement certain behavior I observed people doing appeared harmless. After a little training and experience on the job I learned that certain behaviors, signals and actions done by "normal" folks alerted me that they were involved in more sinister activities that I picked up on. Generally an arrest would follow. Once I arrested them and ran a criminal history on them I usually found they had been arrested for similar violations in the past.

If I'm in a pool swimming and I happen to see a gorgeous girl swimming next to me, chances are, I'll be eyeing her more frequently than the surroundings. And it's quiet a fine line between checking girls out and being seen as suspicious. Of course, shadowing someone or sitting around the pool w/ a camera would be something else. Maybe the guy just happened to be swimming at a constent speed as that girl is?

james croft:
After a little training and experience on the job I learned that certain behaviors, signals and actions done by "normal" folks alerted me that they were involved in more sinister activities that I picked up on.

Key word being training and experience, neither of which the original poster has. "Creepy vibes" and "odd looks" are all very subjective and anybody who wants to confront somebody over what they perceive as either needs to chill out and mind their own business and anyone talking about beating somebody up over it has anger management issues in addition to suffering from internet tough guy syndrome.

plankspanker:
Key word being training and experience, neither of which the original poster has. "Creepy vibes" and "odd looks" are all very subjective and anybody who wants to confront somebody over what they perceive as either needs to chill out and mind their own business and anyone talking about beating somebody up over it has anger management issues in addition to suffering from internet tough guy syndrome.

i admit i have anger managemnt issues but its mostly vocal than anything else:)

Lonefox:
Am I the only one who finds this social self policing disturbing ?

No you are not. I cant imagine walking down the street or mall and telling people who they cant look at or for how long they can look at someone.

"Hey you, thats enough staring at that chick for today!"

"You, over there, you got 5 secs left"

"Excuse me Sir, I noticed you noticing that young lady over there. Quite frankly I think that it is wrong of you to look at her even after she noticed you. Is there anything I could help you with perhaps?"

I dont think so.

plankspanker:
Key word being training and experience, neither of which the original poster has. "Creepy vibes" and "odd looks" are all very subjective and anybody who wants to confront somebody over what they perceive as either needs to chill out and mind their own business .

I think intuition is a great resource and one would be foolish to ignore it.

It doesn't necessarily mean you need to do something everytime your alarm bells go off, you still need to make the choice, but a little social control isn't always a bad thing.

Frankly, I'd rather warn someone about something and be wrong than to live with the thought that I could have warned them and didn't if they end up getting hurt or whatever when I saw it coming.... I'm just not cold enough to let that happen.

R..

I'm see the word "training" pop up, is there a PADI specialty class on this subject?

I think if it was our loved one in there(the girl) we would rather she shortened her work out for the day than to find out the guy really is a predator. Why take a chance?

Back
Top Bottom