Pool in London where I could try out my kit before the holidays?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shamufish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! I hope this is in not a silly question... but rather than testing my recently purchased gear while I'm on my actual dive trip or holiday I'd like to practice in London first.

This way I won't lose holiday/dive time while abroad, if you see what I mean? So I suppose I need a deep pool of some sort which also offers compressed air and cylinder rentals.

Does that even exist? Google is not returning much apart from a few references to crystal palace back in 2007. Thank you for your help!

:D

I wouldn't say it's silly at all, unknown equipment can waist a dive fast.

I would suggest you so contact a local dive centre or club. They must have a pool they use, wich you could either borrow or rent for an hour or so. They might also charge for cylinder and air, but it will sure be cheaper than wasting your first dive on the holiday.

Depending where you are in London, there are clubs around that have pool nights, at local leisure centres mostly. I live in Kingston, and my local club uses the pool in Putney on Friday nights and New Malden on Wednesdays. There's also a couple of lakes and quarries in the area. I head up to Wraysbury quite a bit (just outside Windsor).

Contact ur local bsac club and ask them nicely if u can do a try dive with a difference ... i.e. with ur own kit.... might charge u £20...

My club is in Amersham which is at the end of the Metropolitian line, we have a deepish pool which ur welcome to .. Wednesdays 8.30pm-9.30pm in the dive pool...

http://www.cheshamsubaqua.com

Mike's at Chiswick has a pool, u could ask them..

London Dive Store - Mike's Dive Store, Chiswick, London

Back
Top Bottom