Pool for Practice in DC Metropolitan Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, I'm bumping up a year old thread...at least you know I searched first :)
Any ideas for pool practice? I've got a new video set-up I'd like to try and dial-in (been shooting stills up until now) as well as test out the Air-Integrated computer replacement for my stolen non AI computer before I hit some real diving.

Thanks.

Call John Kaiser with Sea Colony in Severna Park, if he has a class wherever they do their pool work now, he would probably let you tag along 410-544-3607

You can also check out with your local YMCA (if you have one). They allow divers to practice or you can rent out the pool for an hour for around $50.00

Most dive shops will let you jump in the pool anytime they have it rented for a class for a small fee. Often, they'll include the use of a tank and weights with the small fee.

Thanks all. I checked with one of my local shops (Adventure Scuba Company) and they let me join one of their pool sessions for $25 and everyone was very accommodating. The only downside (and they warned me of this) was that it was crowded. They had the "deep end" of the pool, and had about 35 divers in 4 different classes there. So I did get to test most of the new gear. The only thing I didn't do was test out my new SMB setup, as I didn't want to shoot up a line with 35 divers, many of them not yet certified all around to get tangled up in. But otherwise it was good to get in the water and play with some things.

You can also call Patriot Scuba in Occoquan, VA. 703-490-1175

Patriot Scuba uses the pool off of King Street in Alexandria (Chinquapin Park Rec Center). I went there for a drysuit class last December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom