Pool Cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zboss

Contributor
Reaction score
I folks...

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum... but here goes...

I was recently asked if I would be interested in getting some weekend work doing some pool cleaning. I was wondering if anyone here has done this and if so, what's it like? I remember the bottom of the pool I took my open water in was covered in YUK.

How much do these guys get paid? What can you do to increase you wage?

Thanks!

Depends upon how bad the water is. The LDS has a indoor pool that is used for about everything and it is clean. Someone comes in once a week, puts on dive gear and vacuums the bottom.
What some one might be thinking about is at the begining of pool season you have all the crap and crud at the bottom that a filter doesn't pick up. They might be wanting you to take the vacuum around and clean it.
The work isn't hard just a matter of getting everything right and keeping it there.

zboss:
I folks...

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right forum... but here goes...

I was recently asked if I would be interested in getting some weekend work doing some pool cleaning. I was wondering if anyone here has done this and if so, what's it like? I remember the bottom of the pool I took my open water in was covered in YUK.

How much do these guys get paid? What can you do to increase you wage?

Thanks!

Don't expect your gear to last as long.

The chlorine will eat it up. one of the local dive instructors here has a "cheap" set of dive gear he uses for instructing while in pools. Another person I know who is a diver at the local nasa facility says their get gets eaten up by the chlorine.

Also, one other thing to look at if you're gonna do this is patching the vinyl liners in pools. One of the people here at my LSD used to do 2 or 3 patch jobs per week of people who had holes in their liners. I think he got the work from a local pool shop. So check with them. (by the way, I think he did most of that work with a pony bottle on a sling instead of hauling all the gear in.)

mike

Back
Top Bottom