Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you guys for all the inforamation, it has been VERY helpful! I'm still not sure what rig I'm going to go with. I plan on getting doubles pretty soon, but, I'm still not sure if I would use them for the majority of diving I'm doing now: some deep charter dives, but, mostly, lots of beach/rock/small boats dives in 50-70' low vis/cold water/currents/ some penetration. It would nice to have another redundant reg without lugging doubles over 100 yards of ice covered boulders. Thanks again for all the advice.

large_diver:

Thanks for that site, very informative. I've been diving all winter, although the boat has been out of the water since Thanksgving. I dove with a friend (a NOAA diver) in Hathaway Pond on the Cape last weekend, shooting photgraphy. The visibility was unreal, 30'plus. I have also done a bunch of shore dives on the North Shore recently and the vis has been spectaular. As long as the wind is blowing West (or SW) and it's 30deg or above I hit the ocean, it not, I'll go to a pond. Long pond in Plymouth is another nice training pond (100' at spots).

MD,

Cool -- no drysuit for me, so I haven't been in the ocean since November. Did some pool diving tonight at the local Y. I'm going to try at least 1 dive down in Woods Hole (garbage beach) next weekend if the weather holds.

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom