Pony Tank Mount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

im back (was away as i mentioned in the email)
check your email for pics...

but after further review it looks like you are interested in a "ditch-able" pony bottle ...

may i ask why?

also, are you agile enough to reach back and pull the pin on that type of system (this is not in any way shape or form a negative question, just asking)

i understand wanting ditch-able equipment, but your "back-up" gas supply... not sure i'm on the same page ...
perhaps i can learn some things here as i have never worn a back-up gas cylinder on my back other than my second tank in doubles or my drysuit inflation system which is currently not pushing argon....

i prefer slinging my redundant gas sources ... is this a possibility for you or are you completely against the idea?

i found it quite easy to bring a sling kit and extra reg set with me anywhere in the world and simply reserve an aluminum 80 anywhere to sling for redundancy ... occasionally place will even have small bottles like aldora divers in cozumel ... either way, it seems like this may be a better choice considering its "ditch-able" abilities?
on top of these points, weight may be another issue... if the redundant cylinder is ponied on your back, you have to wear it on your back to and from the water (or at least to) where as when slinging you don and doff as needed ... easy to have boat mate attach before a giant stride or doff and pass up to the boat mate at the end of the dive ...

help me here please

(these reasons are why i actually even have a pony mount brand new in the case never even opened)
best wishes and dive safe

Last edited:
Ronzo the reason I want a ditchable because those type of mounts are easy/ier to mount dismount - that's it. In the "just ii case" moment it can be removed by my dive buddy and passed on to the diver in need.
I do understand that redundant air is primarily for me which doesn't require a ditchable setup, but then again in emergency cases I want to have the option to share the air without being tied too close to the diver that requires it.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom